Attack On The Helicarrier

Start from the beginning

"Sir, we lost all power in Engine One!" Fury was informed.

"It's Barton! He took out our system!" Fury yelled to me and everyone over the line. "He's headed for the detention lab!"

"I'm on my way," I groaned.

"Andi," Hill began, "perhaps you should sit this one out." She pointed to the shard in my side. "We'll get that—"

"I'm fine," I growled through gritted teeth. "I'm going to the detention lab."

I took off stumbling through the maze of labyrinth-like hallways. My side felt numb. Dizziness struck me like a train. I stopped to catch my breath, laying a hand on the wall for balance. I grazed my fingers along my wound. I needed to take it out.

"No!"

I broke into a staggering run towards the detention lab. I peered around the corner to see Thor trapped in the prison. Loki stood in front of the control panel.

"Are you ever not going to fall for that?" Loki scoffed. "The humans think us immortal. Should we test that?"

"Move away, please." Agent Coulson appeared, holding a huge gun. Loki raised his hands and stepped away from the panel. 

Coulson grinned. "Do you like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does." He powered it up. It hummed. "Do you wanna find out?"

Suddenly, Loki vanished; a mirage. He appeared behind Coulson and thrust the blade of the scepter through his chest.

"No!" Thor and I roared.

I leapt into the lab. I threw a ball of golden energy at the Asgardian, who dispelled it simply. As Coulson fell, Loki charged up to me and wrapped his hand around my throat, lifting me off the ground and shoving me into the wall. I clawed at his arm in a futile attempt of freeing myself, my legs flailing uselessly.

Loki shook his head in disappointment. "Oh, lovely Time Walker. It's a dear shame that you are unfit for a third round." He placed the scepter on the side of the shard in my side. He began to push, plunging it deeper and deeper into my side. I howled in agony.

"Stop it, Loki!" Thor snarled.

"Why? I am enjoying myself."

I gritted my teeth. "Do your worst, Asgardian."

"Very well."

He rammed it deeper into my side, and I wailed. I felt warm blood spill down my leg. Done with me, he tossed me aside like a ragdoll. I was fortunate to land on the side without the shard, but it hurt no less. 

I gasped. My breaths were ragged. Black dots danced among my vision.

I watched, powerless, as Loki dropped the prison from the Helicarrier. The Asgardian dusted his hands as if what he did to his brother was nothing.

"You're gonna lose." Loki turned to Coulson on the floor. Blood trickled from the corner of his mouth. The weapon lay armed in his lap.

"Am I?" Loki mocked.

"It's in your nature," Coulson replied calmly.

"Your heroes are scattered, your floating fortress falls from the sky." Loki spread his arms to the sides. "Where is my disadvantage?"

"You lack conviction."

"I don't think I—"

Coulson fired the weapon. It hit Loki in the chest, sending him crashing through the far wall.