Chapter 11- Orion

Start from the beginning

Well there goes the school. Instantly, Fruit Snack screamed and bursted over to the wall, standing against it like the whole room was spinning.

"Bath! No bath! Fruit Snack doesn't like bath!" He cried.

"Wo. You taught him to talk" I gawked.

Zilla nodded. "Just a little bit though."

Charlie giggled and said, "this is so cool! I wonder if him and Thorny have some special connection?" He ran over to Thorny's cage and took the dragon out, then shook him in front of Fruit Snacks face. "Look! Look! It's a dragon! Are you two related? Maybe he's your long distance cousin!"

Fruit Snack gave Charlie a strange look then poked the dragon in the cheek. The dragon just gave him a dumb look then licked his face. Fruit Snack laughed and sat on the ground.

"Here ya go!" Charlie said handing the dragon to Fruit Snack.

"So besides his name being a delicious treat, why is he in our room?" I asked.

Zilla sighed and sat on her bed. I felt a story coming on.

"Well, my older brother usually watches Fruit Snack and keeps him at his house. But now he's getting married and moving away so I have to ether find a place to keep him or give him away to someone who will train him, but I don't want to give him away, because he's like my very best friend and he's such a fun cuddlier" she said in one long breath. "And he's so scared around other people and they might be mean to him or hurt him and-."

"Okay! Okay! Calm down" I said.

Owen folded his arms and said, "so where do you find an untamed Dragum anyways?"

"Well, along time ago my brother and I were traveling and found this cave. It was full of weird crystals and magic stuff. Believe it or not we spotted a unicorn! You know how rare those things are around here. And so we went in the cave and found Fruit Snack-."

I gave a small laughed and said, "magical cave full of crystals and unicorns. I don't think so. Why a really happened?"

"Oh! I think I know" Owen said clapping his hands together. We all looked at him. "You were in a hit air balloon when a pelican crashed into it, causing you and your brother to crash in a tree! When you got down from the tree an army of leprechauns chased you both down a hill into a river where a talking alligator brought you and your brother safely across the river. Then, this is when the unicorn comes in. The unicorn leads you to a volcano where you find Fruit Snack being attacked by a lava troll. So you use your snake hair to turn the troll into stone, getting away with Fruit Snack. That is what really happened, right?"

We all just stood there in silence. Even Fruit Snack seemed a little confused with the story. Owens tale made Zilla's story seem possible.

"So you said you found him in a cave" I continued. Zilla snapped out of her trance and nodded. I sighed and looked back at Fruit Snack. "Well we can't keep him here long. Something is bound to happen. We could possibly keep him at our house. It surly is big enough."

Charlie began to smile. "That would be awesome! Fruit Snack and Thorny can live together and we can play with them and take them for walks and build a marshmallow men army and conquer cookie land!"

I had no idea what this kid was talking about.

"Well, we're going to have to talk with Caesar. For all I know he might have a heart attack and die when he sees Fruit Snack" I finally said.

Owen frowned and said, "lets keep positive ideas going, please."

I rolled my eyes and got a glance of the clock hanging on the wall. "Crap! It's almost nine! I have to go back to the library! I forgot my book there!" I grabbed my cloak and wrapped his around my neck. "I'll be back soon. Please don't let him explode anything."

"Who?" Zilla asked.

I sighed and opened the door. "Any of them!"

The huge, no, let me make that gigantic library was dark, except for the dim candle light coming from the small lanterns that floated around the room. The book shelves here were freaking skyscrapers with a mountain of a latter on them. Luckily, only the advanced books are at the top. I scanned the tables searching for my book, only to find nothing. So I assumed someone had put it away in its correct spot in the shelves. Carefully, I scanned the bookshelf in the 'B' section when I heard footsteps.

"Hello? Is someone there" I asked. No answer. I peaked around the corner if the shelf finding no one. "Whatever" I shrugged while continuing my search for my book. When I found my book I heard the footsteps again. I sighed and walked around the library. "Is there someone here?" I stopped when I spotted an old looking, black leather book sitting on the middle of the floor. "What the-." I picked up the book and turned it on its side to find where it belongs. Strangely, the was no sticker identifying it. I examined the front again, seeing a weird design of a raven with two snakes wrapping around its wings. Centered below it was a skull. "Creepy" I muttered while opening the book. To my surprise, it was blank. Typical, I thought. I flipped through the pages until I stopped on one page. It had a black splotch mark in the center of it. "What kind of book is this" I scowled while rubbing my thumb over the mark. Just then, the mark moved. Like some slug. I yelped and dropped the book. "What the crap-!" A long, black arm began to emerge from the splotch, right out of the book. I was to terrified to scream, so I just watched in horror. Soon, the creatures whole arm was sticking out of the book, like some zombies trying to rise from the dead. The arm paused then pointed its finger me. I felt my heart stop. Then hand shot towards me, clenching my shirt. Before I had a chance to scream it arm dissolved into black smoke and plunged into my chest. A sharp pain began to sting me. I fell to the ground shaking uncontrollably. It felt like there was something inside me, worming its way into my arms and legs. Suddenly, I raised my arm without wanting it to. It had a mind if its own. My legs bang to do the same. What's going on, I thought. Why am I doing this? Just then, it felt like everything shut down in my body. My vision went blurry and I could only hear the muffle voice of someone laughing evilly.

"Well done, Renaldo. I see you plan worked" a female voice chuckled. My body stood up and smiled at the voice. In front of me was a woman, who had to be two years older than Rose. She had long, blond hair and a black dress on. Whatever she was, I didn't like the sound of it.

"It's too easy fooling children" a hallow and croaky voice said coming from my mouth. Wait a minute, I didn't say that, I thought.

The woman walked around me saying, "you should be carful with that body, Renaldo. It happens to be the son of the Locke's, you know. The performers."

My mouth snickered then said, "you mean those street clowns. Whatever." I assumed whatever was inside of me it's name was Renaldo. And it wasn't someone who I should have been messing with.

Renaldo sighed and clenched my fists. "This body isn't very strong, but it will have to do."

"Don't let the boy suspect anything, Renaldo. That could be very bad. Now remember the plan. You are to spy on William. Is that clear? Report as soon as you can and please try not to kill everyone while doing it" the women said. Renaldo nodded my head. "Better erase his memory of this moment or that could get messy."

The woman smiled. "Very well. And take it easy on the boy. Remember the last body you controlled? You completely burned it up."