Chapter 5- Rose

Chapter 5- Rose

I was so sick of cleaning I could spit. First I polished both of the living rooms leaving not speck of dust anywhere. The couches looked new and all the old books that laid around were stacked back up in the shelves. The fire place was dusted off and sparkled with cleanness. After that I moved onto mopping that tower of stairs. I asked Will why his house was so big but looked small on the outside. He said his lair was something called a portal lair. It can take any shape from the outside and still be its own shape on the inside. Neat. As soon as I finished mopping the stairs I moved onto the kitchen, which was a nightmare itself. I didn't bother to clean the fridge because I didn't want to find out what Wills next meal looks like. Instead I mopped the floor, washed the appliances and last, wash so many dishes. Will found me asleep by the sink holding a dish and sponge in hand. He laughed and shook me till I woke up.

"Lemon polish" I yawned. He laughed again and said, "looks like you worked yourself to sleep. I've got to say though, I'm impressed. You've made this place look a thousand years younger." I nodded, dropped the sponge and sat the dish down. Right there I collapse from exhaustion in his arms. He smiled and dragged me up the stairs to a hallway, lined with wooden doors. Will brought me to the last door on the left where he woke me up to see my new room.

"Rose, come on. Wake up!" I stood up and opened my eyes to see a dazzling room. An old bed with a velvet curtain over it sat in the middle of the room. Beside it was a matching nightstand with a stain glass lamp. The lamp seemed to match the colorful glass window across the room which also had a velvet curtain. The last item in the room was a large, nicely carved, wooden dresser.

"Wow, Will. Is this my room?" I gawked. He nodded.

"It's beautiful. I think I just might..." I fell face flat on the bed and started to snore again. Will sighed and tucked me into bed then left the room, closing the door behind him. As he walked down the hallway he stopped at a peculiar large door with a lions face carved into the front. Will opened the door to find himself in a huge room full of towers and towers of bookcases. Random books floated around the room finding their place in the shelves. Will walked into the room to find his uncle sitting in a large chair reading a newspaper while a cup of tea floated beside him.

"Uncle, do you think it's a good idea to have them living with us? I mean, who knows what could happen to them! Being a wanted- I just don't want to get them in trouble. And-."

"You worry to much, Will. Their going to be fine. We're going to be fine. The boys are going off to school, Rose will be under our watch all the time and we've got Bartholomew protecting us at all times. There is one thing that puzzles me though" Caesar said folding his newspaper.

"And that is?" Will asked.

"Well, when Rogburt told me to take the kids to safety he exactly said, 'Train the boys and protect Rose.' Why not protect both? Why protect Rose specifically? And from what?" Caesar explained. Will pondered the though for a moment then said, "well I don't know, uncle. But I'm sure it can't be too extreme. She's got us watching her too. There should be no problem protecting from other things." Caesar nodded and took a sip from his tea.

"How about you take the boys and Rose to do a little school shopping today? They could use the sightseeing of the magic realm."

"Uncle! You know there are people after me! They could be everywhere now!" Will snapped. Caesar sat down his tea in midair and opened his paper again.

"If they were everywhere your picture would be the newspaper. Your not that big of a threat yet. So enjoy the time you have being able to go outside. Because it could vanish just like that!" Caesar snapped his fingers casing him to vanish with his tea and newspaper. Will sighed and leaned against a bookshelf.