Sleeping Beauty in Space

"This is going to be one of the biggest discoveries of our life time" said Philip as he leaned in to kiss his wife Rose "And you will be right in the middle of it, people will remember you as the first person to Successfully Hypersleep for a long period of time, I'm so jealous of you" he continued "I mean think about it, you'll go to sleep and when you wake up, I'll be five years older, and you would just stay the same"

     Rose sighed "Yah, Five years, that's a long time" she said as she looked at him with a small smile "Are you gonna miss me"

     Philip leaned on again and said "I'll be lost without you" then started to tickle her and they both started laughing "It will he just me and my hand for Five years" then tickle her again.

   Then they stopped and took a deep look at each other "At least we have tonight" then the kissed hardly and passionately as he undressed her

     Next day was the day that Rose would be left on the Satellite and the rest of the crew would go home, project  Aurora wasn't not the first of its kind, but it was the most advanced and most likely to be successful, in fact the Success ratio was 95.143, that was most encouraging for Rose, who together with her husband Philip spent most of their lives developing the drug called Maleficent #59

     Maleficent #59 was a chemical drug that causes the body to use less energy and reduce body development by 75%, so the person that takes the drug will enter a state of Hypersleep, this along with a low temperatures would cause to body to age 98% slower than ordinary people, however that's no good because even though the body uses less energy, it does in fact USE engery, so the body must have access to food during Hypersleeping, Luckly NASA has just the device for that.

   The Fiona provide Rose's body with regular doses of energy to keep the body alive, well and most importantly fed.

   There is also a computer that is made to keep watch on her heart beats, temperatures and so on.

    Rose put Beethoven and Mozart on loop so she has something to listen to while Hypersleeping, Technically speaking, she wouldn't hear it at all, but she instead on it.

   Rose entered the pod and laid down on her back, everything was running smoothly, everything was set for them to enter history "How do you feel bab ?" Asked the nervous Philip "if you feel anything wrong just tell me and we'll stop"

   Rose looked at him with a big smile "I'm ok honey" she said "so this is it, see you in 5 years"

   Philip have her a kiss and said "I love you, and I'll be right here when you wake up"

   "We are about to start" said Elle as she injected Rose with the drug "Everyone get back." The pod's door slowly came down as Rose tried to say "I love you t.." But she was gone before she could finish her sentence.

   Philip watch proudly as he saw the door completely closing.

   After a short while, everything was a go and they all started celebrating and hugging and laughing, but there was just one problem, Rose was still conscience.

   "What are you doing, I'm still not out" Rose tried to say, but her lips didn't move, nothing moved in her body, nothing except her heart.

   "Everything is perfect, her heart beats are stable, she's looking great" said Elle with a great smile "it's time to pop champagne"

   "No no, help me, I'm not asleep" thought Rose, she was scared but that didn't effect her heart beat at all, because her body was in a perfectly safe place, the body felt safe, and didn't respond to her brain, so all she could do was to look helplessly at them partying and drinking.

   Philip sat by the pod and said "You did it girl, your a superstar" as he raised his glass for her"I have to go now"

   "No no no, please Philip don't go" Was all Rose could think of

   Philip finished his drink and put it down, he leaned on the pod and kissed it "See you in five years bab"

   Rose watched as they left one by one, so she was left there in the cold ,Hopeless and ALONE ..... Or Was She ??

                  TO BE CONTINUED

P.S : For all the smart people, I've left Easter Eggs all over, so if you spot them, let me know in the Comments