Jonah Clarke Is Defensive

Author's Note: We hit 75k like what the hell. I'm also 35000 words through nano so this month is going well. Love you all :)

"What the hell is going on with you and Clarke?"

It's Isaac's voice that welcomes Daniel into school on Monday morning, he's stood with a serious expression on his face and his bag slung over his shoulder.

"Nothing," Daniel mumbles.

He's not entirely sure that he wants to get into it all right now. He's not entirely sure what 'it all' even is.

"Like hell I believe that," Isaac says.

"And why would that be?"

"Jonah walked past me without a second glance this morning," Isaac states and Daniel is surprised to detect sadness in his tone, "I said hey and he didn't reply, just went to sit with his mates. His old mates."

This is so much worse than Daniel thought it was going to be. Daniel had imagined that Jonah would ignore him, but the idea of him ignoring Isaac too makes Daniel realise just how badly things have gone askew. He knew it was a bad idea to go round on Friday night, he's only just now realising how bad 'bad' really is.

It's then that Daniel realises how much he needs to get this off his chest. And surely Isaac deserves to know the real reason why Jonah is suddenly ignoring the pair of them.

"He kissed me," Daniel whispers.

"He what?"

"He kissed me."

"What is an accident?"

"Hey!"

"You know what I mean," Isaac says.

"Well you don't tend to repeat accidents several times."

"Wait this wasn't just a onetime thing? Why the hell am I only finding out about this now?"

"I figured you'd call me an idiot."

"Well you are one."

"See," Daniel sighs, "and I didn't know what the fuck was going on so I didn't know how to tell you."

"So why are you telling me now?"

"I think that's why Jonah's not talking to us."

"I feel so out of the loop that it hurts. Why would him kissing you make him stop being friends with us? He initiated it right?"

"Right."

"Then why the hell is he pissed?"

"It's complicated."

"Daniel Evans if you don't tell me right now then I'm not afraid to skip first lesson to force it out of you. Black belt remember?"

"Like you'd ever let me forget," Daniel mutters under his breath, "fine. What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

"He kissed me when I went round to watch the football," Daniel tells Isaac, "then basically ran screaming, metaphorically, not literally. Actually he curled up into a ball and shouted."

"Okay..."

"And then we kissed again last week when I went round when he was ill."

"And?"

"How do you know there's an and?"

"Well something has obviously happened this weekend, either that or Jonah just has really slow reactions."