The Truth Hurts. Really

Start from the beginning

But I couldn't. I knew I couldn't. For once, I had to think about others. I had to explain myself. I couldn't run.

"Andi?" Steve pushed inquisitively. "What's going on?"

I swallowed. It was time to talk. "I've lived for a while. You can probably tell from all these photos."

"When were you born?" Banner asked, shocked and curious.

"A long time ago," I deflected. "And I have seen things you cannot even begin to comprehend."

"Why bring us together?" Thor demanded. "We are volatile. What do you intend to accomplish by doing so?"

"Fury is right. There are more things out there then just us: Asgardians, aliens, space overlords." I bit my lip. "Enslavers of time."

"Enslavers?" Steve asked. "What do you mean?"

"One." I crossed my arms. "His name is Eon, and he is dangerous. I was ordered to bring together a team to take him down. Eventually, that is." I pointed to the photos. "I was chasing him. That's why I was there in all those times.

I was chasing him through the World Trade Center when 9/11 happened. He ordered Lee Harvey Oswald to assassinate JFK. He was in the crowsnest before the Titanic hit the iceberg. He intentionally kept the information of seeing it to himself in order to cause the collision. He misplaced the Native Americans."

"And why did you show up during World War II?" Steve demanded bitterly.

I hesitated, but I couldn't stop now. "That was an accident."

"Who's Eon?" Romanoff asked.

"Dangerous. That's all you need to know."

"Is Andi even your real name?" Steve growled. "Or are you keeping that from me too?"

Me? Meaning just him? This was hitting him hard. I had a sick feeling that he'd feel that way. I went in knowing that. "Of course that's my name!"

"Audra MacKenzie, Angelina Hartford, Andi Johns." Tony turned to me. "You've sure been around."

I glared at Fury with such hatred I was seeing red. "What do you plan on doing to me with those Tesseract weapons?"

The attention was back on Fury. He sighed. "All of the weapons infused with the Tesseract were built to protect the earth. You are classified as dangerous. They were built in case you went rogue. They were designed to end your life if need be."

"I have spent longer than you know protecting this planet!" I snarled. "I would never hurt the people!"

"I beg to differ."

I shook my head in horror and disbelief. I had nothing left to say. Well, I had plenty knocking around in my head, but I wasn't going to say anything else. He was not worth it.

A dinging alarm rung throughout the lab. Banner frowned as he dashed to his computer.

"You located the Tesseract?" Thor asked.

"I can get there faster," Tony remarked.

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard, no human is a match for it!"

"You're not going alone!" Steve growled, grasping Tony's arm.

He batted the hand away. "You gonna stop me?"

"Put on the suit, let's find out."

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man."

"Put on the suit."

"Oh, my God." We all turned to Banner.

I suddenly got a feeling of dread. Something was going to happen. And it was not going to be fun.

An explosion rocked the Helicarrier. Fire erupted through the center of the lab. The explosion in the room threw me backwards through a window. Pain shot up my side and back. 

The Helicarrier was under attack. And we hadn't seen it coming.

❈Author's Note:  Hey, there! What did you think about Andi's confession? Do you think she should've kept it to herself? What do you think Steve thinks about her now? Let me know in the comments!

Author's Note: Hey, there! What did you think about Andi's confession? Do you think she should've kept it to herself? What do you think Steve thinks about her now? Let me know in the comments!

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a quick vote! Thanks for reading!