Chapter Twenty-three

Travis

            As I’m editing the video clips from the camcorder, I think I finally figured out Dr. Gomez’s reason for having us do the video. I’m positive it had something to do with Seth and whatever it was that Seth wrote in that essay. I also figured out that if Seth and I hadn’t already gotten back together, no matter what was between us, this video would have made us realize how we were in love with each other. This video brought us together in so many ways.

            I was the one who thought it was a ridiculous assignment at the time and didn’t want to do it; yet, most of the video was of Seth because I was the one who was behind the camera, chasing him around (literally) and asking ridiculous questions. My favorite part of the video is the parts where we’re laughing about something stupid. I even recorded us watching movies. There were parts that made me feel guilty, like when I would snap at him for not answering my questions, ignoring me or just straight up being a pain in my ass…just Seth being who Seth was. He’s not like that anymore.

            I guess one could say I was hiding and I was using the video as an excuse to undress all of Seth’s secrets, to know him again. Whether I admit it or not, I know deep down I was wishing that he would have revealed something to me. I know deep down I wanted him to tell me.

            In the end, though, there are only a few things I’m sorry about…the lost of Seth’s family. I have no regrets, mainly because of Seth. He is a firm believer in “everything happens for a reason”. I agreed with the concept but I lacked the belief. Seth helped me there.

            Speaking of the love of my soul, he entered the kitchen with a small grocery bag in his hand. “I don’t get you,” he stated, he then paused the lean over the kitchen island to place a gentle kiss on my lips. “You enforce eating healthy—you’re actually the only healthy eating person I know—but yet still you eat all this junk,” he said. He sounded almost irritated. I chuckled. 

            “I like to snack, babe. There’s no harm in having a snack every now and again.”

            “Snack on some carrots then,” he mumbled, putting the “junk” away.

            “I’ll snack on your carrot,” I said.

            “Yeah, well, my carrot is withered at the moment.”

            “Eso no es problema. I’ll give you some Vitamin D to bring it back to life.” I retorted smoothly. His face turned bright red and his eyes went wide, the shocked smile hidden behind folded lips. I’ve done some pretty wicked things to him in bed (that he enjoyed) and yet still I can get him to blush by inconspicuously saying something sexual. Anyways, he started it.

            “Did you put effects in the video? Is there an introduction?” He asked, changing the subject. He does that a lot.

            “Do your thing, Mr. Visual Communications Major,” I said, getting up from around the laptop. Seth stuck his tongue out at me. I grabbed his cheeks so it would stay out there and bit his tongue playfully. He laughed but ended up snorting because his tongue was outside his head.

            “Gross,” he chuckled when I let him go.

            I grabbed a bag of snack and went to watch TV while Mr. Man over there worked on our final project. Chris decided to book a five-day vacation at a ski resort in Vancouver without even making sure we were out of school. Because of that Seth and I had to ask our professors to let us take our finals early, that way we can take it. We email our project to Dr. Gomez before midnight tomorrow and we leave the following day for Vancouver and go home back home to New York on the day before Christmas eve.