Chapter Six

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! I love you guys! xoxoxox enjoy! 

            As much as I hate to admit it I can’t wait to get to class so that Seth can talk to me again. He doesn’t need to know that just by him saying hi to me the first thing in the morning makes my entire day. He’s managed to weasel his cute little self in my good graces again, though, he’s not complete there. I’m still upset and completely hurt by what he did to me but I just can’t help how he still manages to make me feel, I don’t know. Happy is definitely not the word but it’s a feeling close to happiness, acceptance, maybe.

            Seth and I had gotten past just a simple greeting. Last week I don’t know why but when he said hello to me I asked him how he was doing. I’ll never forget the smile on his face. I think it had something to do with the fact that it reminded me of that day we were running in the rain.

            Outside the classroom, I stopped and took a deep breath. I know Seth will be there, he’s always early. And just like I suspected, he’s siting in the seat up from mine. He looked different today, worried almost.  His left hand was folded across his chest and his right hand was folded so that his elbow was resting on the back of his left hand. I also notice he was nibbling on the thumb of his right hand. He looked up, jumping slightly when he saw me. He smiled but his lips barely moved, they just twitched. He waved too, but his hand barely moved.

            My feet stopped moving on their own, my mouth opening to ask him what’s wrong but I didn’t bother, I sighed and went to my seat. He didn’t turn around to say hi to me or ask me how my weekend was. “What’s the matter?” I asked, my lips at his left ear before I could stop myself. His neck shifted to the right speedily, and I could tell he didn’t expect me so close or that I would even asked. I mean, why would I?

            Peeking over his shoulder, he shook his head. “Nothing. I’m fine.” Liar, I thought sitting back in my seat but didn’t voice my thoughts to him. Why did I think he would tell me what’s bothering him?  The bitter part of me and the part that is still angry want to ask myself why I even care. That part is also the stupid part of me that is constantly in denial and the part of me that controls majority of my thoughts and actions.

            My phone vibrated, drawing my attention from glaring at the back of Seth’s head. Did you finish that essay you were going on about that’s worth fifty percent of your midterm grade? I read the text from Nigel. I could feel the gears turning in my head as I wondered what the hell he’s talking about. Then it hit me. Freaking Economics.

            Shit! I completely forgot. Going home to do it right now. I answered him.

            Grabbing my bag, I exit the classroom and went to the parking lot where my car was. This essay was extremely important and I’d rather miss my other classes than get a zero on it.

            Wow, bro. How many times do I have to save your life? What would you do without me?

            I sent Nigel back a text that just said “middle finger”. He’s probably laughing as he read it. I sighed as I thought of Nigel. He is right, I don’t know what I would do if he hadn’t been there so much for me. I really miss him and I hope he’ll visit me when we both have some time off from school.

            Since I’m going back to campus, I parked my car across the street from the condominium and made my way inside. “Hey, Vladimir!” I greeted the doorman. Vladimir is a chill guy; he’s been working in this building longer than I’ve been on this planet. He’s quiet tall, stellar smile, and a few shadows of grey hair here and there and he had a slight trace of a Russian accent. He said he used to be a basketball player back in the days and even brought some pictures to show me.