Chapter 41: Together! Fairy Tail's Strongest Team!

Hello again, minna~!  I hope you didn't wait too long; here's the next chapter for you all! ♥  It's nice and long, too. c:  So, I hope you enjoy that!  I dedicate this chapter to Midnight_Starr! Oh, by the way, I don't think I have many chapters left!  Maybe three or four?  I'm not sure. c:  Well, I hope you enjoy anyways!~  Feedback is very much appreciated, & until next time! ^^

♡{ яу-¢нαи | тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя }♡

============================================================================

"Lucy!"  Wendy exclaimed, running towards the barrier.

Colliding, Wendy was forced away from Lucy and black tendrils sparked through the air as a result of a release of energy.  Sliding backwards, Wendy hit her knees with exhaustion.  She had been trying repeatedly already, but Lucy continued to flicker in and out of existence.

Wendy watched her with panic.  "What am I going to do?"

She stared up at Daronyt, watching as a speck flew around, spewing fire and causing Daronyt to roar in annoyance.

Natsu...  Wendy thought, turning to look back at Lucy.

Standing, her face turned to one of determination.  "I have to help Lucy!  I..won't give up!"

Standing shakily, Wendy wavered slightly and took a wobbily step forward, panting.  By now, dirt had covered her limbs and back, a few bruises along her face and on her hands.

Slowly, she pulled her head back, air entering her mouth as she powered up.

"Sky Dragon's Roar!"

With a loud clap, Wendy's cyclone of air slammed into the barrier, causing it to shake violently and flicker.

Almost there!  She thought, pressing herself harder.

But, with a gasp, Wendy lost all her power and slouched forward, panting heavily.

"It's..so hard..to break..."  She said between breaths, her shoulders heaving.

But suddenly she stopped, seeing Lucy move very faintly.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lucy stirred, feeling like she was bursting out of murky water.  The noise around her became clearer, and more defined.  Realizing she was awake, Lucy clenched her fists tightly and felt she the restraints that were holding her back start to crack.

She opened her eyes.

As soon as she did, light curled in around her body, squeezing through the darkness and causing ribbons to flow all around her.

I-I'm conscious...?  Lucy thought with wonder.  Star Mist is working, but I'm still awake!

"Lucy!"

Looking up in surprise, Lucy saw Wendy a ways away, a hand clutched over her chest in nervousness.

Lucy, break free.

Right.  Lucy replied, her face determined.

Slowly, she closed her eyes, the light in front of her chest growing.  A crack formed in the middle of the barrier, light pouring through it and shining in Wendy's face.  It continued to break, more cracks spreading out wide; Wendy stared in wonder.  Abruptly, Lucy jerked her eyes open, which were fully submerged in yellow light so bright it looked white.  At that same instant, the barrier shattered, causing Wendy to cover her eyes.