Chapter 5: Abrupt Confusion

Kon'nichiwa, mina!  I hope you didn't wait long!  I made this chapter a little longer for all of you, hehe~! ♡  I really like the names I came up with for Zeke's, Adamantalia's, and Red's magic. c:  I hope you do too!  My spring break just started, so I'll be able to write a little more despite me having to go to track practice!  I dedicate this chapter to SherisseMykaSy; thanks soo much for the follow!♥ I hope you all enjoy this chapter, and feedback is very much appreciated!! Until next time,

「Ry-chan」

=======================================================================

Adamantalia stepped forward, leaning into Zeke to whisper something into his ear.

"You're...after Lucy?" Erza murmured, her eyes shocked.

Natsu growled. "You ain't layin' a finger on her!"

Recognition flashed through Zeke's eyes as Adamantalia spoke to him, and as she whispered it turned into vexation.

He turned back to Natsu, feroscity in his eyes. "Then we'll just have to take her, then."

At those words, Zeke's followers Adamantalia and Red stormed forward, rushing at the grouped-Fairy Tail. Red slammed into Erza, while Adamantalia rushed at Gray and the others.

Without warning, Zeke punched Natsu square in the jaw, send him flying through the air and into the trees.

"Natsu!" Wendy yelled, still healing Lucy.

She gasped as Zeke dropped to his feet in front of her, smirking vilely.

"Get away from Lucy!  Sky Dragon's..." Wendy exclaimed, warning him as she filled her mouth with air. "...Roar!"

Wendy's attack hit Zeke with full-on momentum, but...he didn't move.  A weird field blocked Wendy's attack from colliding with Zeke's body, and all Zeke did was lift a hand into the air in front of him.

"Oh no, Wendy!" Carla yelled, seeing how Wendy's attack hadn't worked.

The air magic dispersed, leaving nothing but a fading breeze as it evaporated into Zeke's palm.  "What the-?!" Wendy muttered, stuttering.

Zeke laughed lowly in victory. "Is that all you got, little dragon slayer?"

Wendy's eyes went slightly wider, but she put her small body over Lucy's unconscious one. "How did he-?!"

Zeke raised his hand, his palm outstretched as he prepared to strike at Wendy.

Suddenly a battle cry was heard, and Zeke stopped abruptly and turned to his left to see Natsu rushing towards him. Natsu slammed into his gut, wrapping his arms around Zeke's torso and lighting his body on fire. In turn, Zeke caught on fire, and he grunted in pain as they sailed into the wall, causing more debris to collapse.

Lucy stirred, hearing the familiar call of Natsu and the sudden loud crash.

"Lucy!" Wendy exclaimed, relief evident in her voice. "Be careful; I'm not done healing your arm.."

"What...happened?" Lucy asked, blinking a few times.

"We were attacked by a guild called Darkauroral.  Natsu and the others are fighting them now."

"Natsu?" Lucy asked, still seeming a little dazed from pain and the earlier event.

Wendy nodded. "Lucy, I just finished fixing your arm. You can move now." She sounded heavily drained, and sweat dripped down her brow lightly.

Lucy didn't remember anything after the hooded-man choking her, but she realized he must have thrown her if she was all the way over here. Had she broken her arm? Was that why she needed healing?