Chapter 28: Race For Saving

Hello, minna~!♥  Here is the next chapter, I hope you all enjoy this one!  I really like the flow of this chapter; I really do! c:  Man, it stinks the dedications aren't working, huh? :c  I hope they fix it soon!!✖ But, I shall still dedicated a chapter to someone, haha! So, I dedicate this chapter to LucyAshleyHeartfilia; I mean, come on, she's a great person! :D ♡  Well, I hope you all enjoy, and feedback is very much appreciated!!  Until next time, minna!

♛{я у - ¢ н α и}♚

===================================================================

In the rocky rubble, the dust began to subside, and the rumbling faded.  Abruptly, Natsu's clenched fist erupted from the rock, shooting upwards.  He pulled himself out, Happy slung over his arm.  Happy himself was panting slightly, a little bruised but unharmed.  Then emerged everyone else; Erza, Gray, and Wendy with Carla.

"Hey...Is everyone..alright?"  Erza asked, her elbows propped on the rocks as she tried to regain her breath.

"Aye.."  Happy mewed, pulling himself up onto his paws.

Natsu flinched.  "W-Where's-?!"

Realization dawned on everyone elses faces.

"Lucy?!"  They all exclaimed at once.

Looking around wildly, Natsu gasped when he spotted Lucy further down the corridor.  "Lucy!"  He exclaimed, and everyone turned to look in the direction Natsu was.

Lucy had her back to them, laying on her side bruised and rumpled.  She had her right arm up and beside her head, while she was laying on the other.  Then, her right leg was on top of her left, with her ankles slightly parted from each other.  Her mouth was slightly open as she layed there, unconscious and injured.

Natsu pulled himself out of the rubble, tripping over the debris and his own feet in the process as he scrambled to try and get over to Lucy.

However, Natsu made a surprised noise and stopped abruptly when Coven appeared next to her unconscious body with a flash of blackness, looking down at her with supremacy.

"Coven.."  Natsu growled, glaring at him.

Coven paid no mind to Natsu or the others, and summoned a black sword made of purple gell in his left hand.

Natsu's eyes widened, becoming black slits in shock.  He suddenly started racing forward.  

"Stop!"  He shouted, seeing Coven lift up the sword in his hand in preparation.

Damn, I won't make it in time!  Natsu exclaimed through his mind, clenching his teeth as he raced as fast as his bruised legs could carry him.

Coven swung his sword down; Natsu extended out his hand, the others following him and yelling their protests.

"Stop!!"  Natsu exclaimed, anger on his face.

________________________________________________________________________

Natsu had stopped, his eyes wide in surprise and shock.

The others had stopped, the same expression on their faces as they saw Lucy's savior using his own sword to block Coven's.  He was knelt over Lucy, one knee beside her as his face was neutral, taking pride in Coven's surprised face.

"T-That's-"  Happy started, his eyes also wide.

Natsu swallowed.  "Z-Zeke!"

Coven growled, getting over his shock quickly.  "You.."