Chapter 38: A Versus of One Soul

Hello, everyone! :D  Here is the next chapter for you all~! ♥  I hope you all like it, ne! ^^  Soo, it seems things are finally starting to become the big battle of Daronyt and Coven, huh? c:  I wonder what's going to hapen. ;)  Haha, sorry, I like to tease. x3  Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to NightFallVP!  Thanks for reading my stories and all; it means so much~!  Minna, you guys gotta fan her. ;)  Aha, I hope you all enjoy, as always! ♡  Feedback is very much appreciated, don't forget! ^^  Until next time, minna!~

♡{ яу-¢нαи | тнє иαℓυ ωяιтєя }♡

===================================================

Lucy felt a scream rise in her throat, but before she could emit one, the other Natsu evaporated into shadows, flying across the ground and straight to Natsu and Loke.

"Natsu!"  Lucy exclaimed, still not sure what she saw was real.  "Loke, look out!"

Just as they both jumed away from Coven, they were in mid-air when the shadow mysteriously exploded, sending dust clouds and debris into the air.  Natsu and Loke exclaimed loudly, but Loke disappeared while Natsu slammed into the wall nearby.

After a minute of trying to regain his breathing, Natsu looked up.

"W-Who--?"  He asked, pushing himself to his knees.

His eyes widened.

There was no one there.

An illusion?  Lucy wondered, her eyes wide.  Was Coven just trying to--?

Lucy was slammed into from the side, and she was sent sky-rocketing and into the wall.  Crying out, she dropped to the ground, landing on her stomach.

"Lucy!"  Natsu exclaimed, pulling himself up.  "Oi, Lucy!  Get ahold of yourself!"

Natsu, fury in his eyes, turned to face Coven who had striked at Lucy.

Coven narrowed his eyes.  "This has gone on long enough, Salamander.  Don't you think it's about time to give me the Junsuina?"

"Of course not!"  Natsu exclaimed, taking a threatening step forward.

"Fine."  Coven simply stated, containing a snarl.

He lifted up his hand, and Lucy floated up off the ground and into mid-air.  He pulled the necklace off him, throwing it towards Lucy's unconscious body and making it snap right onto her neck.

"Oi!"  Natsu exclaimed, rushing forward.  "Leave Lucy out of this!  And take that damned thing off her neck!"

Coven instantly disappeared, reappearing behind him and grabbing onto his arm and leg.  He slammed his knee into Natsu's back; so incredibly hard that Natsu exclaimed loudly as he was sent propelling forward.  But Natsu was able to slam his feet into the wall and stop his heavy collision, dropping to the ground and shaking slightly.

Again, Coven chopped his hand through the air and a rumbling was heard from above, so Natsu looked up.

His eyes widened as boulders came out of the shadows from the ceiling, piling on top of him and causing a ricocheting-boom to flow through the air.

And then, everything was silent.

Coven relaxed as no movement came from the pile of rock, and turned his head to look at Lucy, who was still unconscious as she floated there.  Her pig-tails had come undone from the impact, and her loose hair was now floating in the breeze that made by Coven's magic.  She was strangely pale, and Coven had moved her to a postion that looked like she was being crucified.  Lucy had a tear mark on her left eye, though she was no longer conscious.