Mr. Alpha's Stubborn Little Mate

Vanessa's P.O.V.

"Get up you lazy brat! We're going to be late for your flight!" My mother hissed from downstairs. I still lay there in my bed too tired to get up. It was 5AM and she made me stay up until 3AM doing chores. She always went to sleep early and slept in while I did her chores around the house.

My eyes immediatly snapped open when my door slammed the wall. "Get up! I said get up! I don't want you to miss the flight! That would mean you would have to stay here until I find another one for you!" She yelled and I got out of bed slowly.

"Don't make me hit you..." She said with a michevious smile. I gasped and ran out of bed and into the bathroom. I shut and locked the door quickly.

"I'll be out in half an hour. I promise." I said quietly hopeing she wouldn't demand me to open the door.

"Ok. But no later or you know the consequences." She laughed maniacly and exited the room. That woman was sick. She would always abuse me in unimaginable ways. I never wore bikinis or anything showy because then everyone would see the scars that covered my body. I had to live like this since my parents divorced when I was born. And mom started abusing me when I was 10. And now I was 17. I had to put up with this abuse for 7 YEARS. I cringed and began to get ready so I wouldn't get punished.

I zipped open one of my few suitcases to choose an outfit to wear. I choose a simple outfit trying to look good with the few clothes I had. (A/N- Outfit on the side) Then I carefully braided my hair trying to make it look good and presentable, I didn't really know what to do with my hair because I never had to go to a fancy occasion. I never put any make up on, my skin didn't react well to it and I thought it only made me look uglier than I already am. I sighed and looked in the mirror and I was satisfied with myself for today. If I were to make a list of my flaws and perfections, my imperfections would be winning and my perfections would be pretty much empty.

I sighed and grabbed my suitcases and made my way downstairs. Thank God it only took me 20 minutes to get ready so I wasn't in trouble with my 'mom' Patricia. I never really called her mom because she didn't act like one and she didn't really care for me. I set my suitcases down in the hallway and leaned against the wall trying to catch my breath, those suitcases were heavy!

"Stop lounging around and get out of my house! Now!" My mom yelled once again and pointed at the door. I quickly picked up my luggage and basically ran out of the apartment/condo. I wanted to get away from her reach as soon as I could. Once I got out I stopped at the end of the driveway. Too scared to ask my mom to drive me there I called a taxi.

I dialled the number on my iPhone that I could barely afford to have and waited for some one to pick the phone up. When some one finally did he asked me where I wanted the taxi to pick me up and send me. I told them the information and answer another few questions. They said that the taxi would be here in about 10 minutes and I hung up.

I set the suitcases on the ground and sat on one. After about what felt like 1 hour the taxi finally drove up to the drive way and stopped in front of me. The taxi driver was an old man. He stepped out of the door and motioned for me to go inside. I shook my head saying no and tried to be polite by helping the old man put the heavy luggage in the trunk and he gladly let me help. I slammed the trunk and then opened the car and stepped in. He started the engine and then we set off for the airport which was a 1 hour drive.

"Where are you going?" He asked me. "Is it for a vacation?" He was probably asking because I was going to the airport and I had luggage. I felt like I could trust this old man for some reason. I spilled my whole life story to him.

"Well not exactly, it all started when my mom and dad divorced when I was born. My mom kept me and stayed in Indianna and my dad moved to California. My mom every since then became a drunk and when I turned 10 she started to.... to abuse me." I whispered and the old man gave me a sympathetic look. "She has given me lots of beatings and she makes me work for her. Like a slave." Then tears began to leave trails down my cheeks. "My father told my mom to send me to him a few months before I turned 18 because he had a surprise and a lot of things to tell me. Now I'm going to go live with my dad in Cali. So yeah I guess it is a vacation. From my mom, the abuse, the bullying, the scars, the everything."