Chapter 5 : Pupporino

LUCIA'S POV

I moved to the LA orphanage today, a bitter ordeal really. I Skyped Cas this afternoon, It was 12:00pm at her time, and 6:00 pm over here on what felt like the other side of the earth. I am going to be interviewed tomorrow by a man known as Mark. Apparently, Cas told Jack about me moving here, and Jack told his good friend Mark about me and my circumstances. Mark is kindly coming here tomorrow to meet me in person, potentially exploring the option of foster care.

'This might be the most exciting thing I have ever experienced!

I thanked Cas so many times it must have been hard to count, and I got to talk to her adoptive father Jack as well. He seemed such a kind and happy guy, and I think he will be an awesome Dad for her. Cas showed me her new phone, too, It is an iPhone 6s! She gave me her number, and we had to hang up because the ladies at the orphanage said I needed to get off and head to bed. I am the only person who is my age here, it's embarrassing and daunting and hard to fit in. Everyone is so much younger than me. I really hope Mark likes me tomorrow, and I really hope he would be such a kind caregiver.

'If he doesn't foster me, then am I going to be moved again? I hope not. I think I could like it here in LA' I thought to myself, scribbling the events of the day in my leather-bound journal.

CASSIE'S POV

I got off Skype with Lucia after a lengthy conversation. I was stoked to speak with her, although we hadn't been apart long I missed her infinitely and realized it would be a long time before we see each other in person again. Jack came into my room once I got off the call.

"Hey Cas, I have a surprise for you," He said, holding out his hand. I got up, grabbed my phone, took his hand, and walked out of the room, heading to the car parked lopsided on the curb. I chose to sit in the front seat this time, growing more comfortable with each reassuring smile. 

"Where are we going?" I questioned, doing my seat belt and leaning back.

"You'll see" He replied, smiling excitedly with a playful wink. 

After a short drive, we pulled up to the local pet store. I couldn't help but look really confused, filling with excitement as I realized what may be happening. Jack opened the door to the pet store for us both, walked in, and held out his arms.

"Cas, I decided that you deserve a pet, but I didn't know what you would have liked. I thought it might keep you company whenever I have to...work" He laughed, walking up to me. He bends down slightly, looking me in the eyes.

"Go find your new best friend," He whispered, giggling. I hugged him tightly while repeating "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU" and ran to the dogs instantly. There were only a few puppies to choose from, however, I found a small black Pug that ran up to the glass and stood on his hind legs, almost as if he had chosen me first.

"I like this one! He is gorgeous! I think I might die of an overload of cuteness!" I giggled, pointing it out to Jack. He went to go find a person to grab the puppy for us as I jumped around excitedly. A kind lady named Crystal came towards us, and explained about the breed and the care, all important things. We bought the Pug, and I named him Edgar...I had once heard a famous YouTuber who had called his dog that. Pewdiesomething?

'It's quite funny...that guy he plays games with that I have seen a few times with the Irish-'

"Jack, what do you work as?" I suddenly asked, looking at him from across the table, waiting to sign adoption papers as crystal gave Edgar a brief wash to have him smelling lovely.

"Well, I was going to explain this another time but, I can do it now, so-"

"You're the YouTuber!" I connected the dots. "I've watched you play games with Pewdiepie a few times!" I was horrified that I hadn't yet connected the dots, however, at the orphanage, there was very little screen time available.

"That I am" He laughed. 

"That's amazing" I breathed softly, sitting back. Crystal came back with the paperwork.

We bought it a leash, a bowl, a kennel, and a bed as well as a few bones to keep Edgar occupied. The name was a perfect fit, too. It was 8 pm when we got home, and I had fallen asleep in the car. I felt Edgar get picked up off of my lap gently and placed beside me on the back seat. When he got up and crawled back onto me, I tiredly moved my hands and grasped him tightly. Jack silently laughed as picked Edgar up like a baby and walked a very tired teenager to my new room. He helped me very gently to get on the bed, and placed Edgar beside me on his dog bed. I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me while stroking Edgar softly, whispering to him.

"Goodnight Edgar" He smiled. He walked up to me, pulled the covers back, and maneuvered me under them.

"Goodnight hun" Jack smiled softly, leaning over. He brushed my hair out of my eyes and left the room, leaving a very happy young girl and her new fluffy best friend.

Heya Everyone!! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you are enjoying it so far!! You guys are awesome. If you have any suggestions, please let me know xox

Keep smiling and shoot for the stars!!

~Midnight <3