1) Luke

Luke woke up and was already having one of those days. He didn't want to get out of bed and he hadn't been feeling like that for a long time, he thought that his days of feeling sorry for himself were over.

About half a year ago, Luke was at his worst. So bad that he'd contemplated ending his life once and for all but he grew strong after the two people in the flat below him managed to inspire him to keep going.

In that time he'd made many new friends aside from Calum, but Calum was in a relationship and didn't have as much time for Luke as he once did anyway. Luke didn't take that personally though, he knew the two loved each other more than he'd ever seen before and that made him happy.

However, today was one of those days. Luke didn't want to go to school, the train smelt funny and he didn't want to be with people today. He'd got a lot better being around people but not today, he had a feeling he'd snap even though he didn't want to.

However, with his exams getting closer and with his grades not being up to standard, Luke seemed to have no other choice. He pulled his bag over his shoulder as he took the last few bites of his toast, closed his door and began the walk to the train station.

He put his headphones on and blasted loud music, sometimes that was the only thing that could keep his thoughts from straying too far. He needed to concentrate today, he couldn't let anyone down.

Luke glanced at his watch as he rounded the corner that led to the station. He'd taken this route so many times yet he could never leave on time. He wasn't that bothered though as it wouldn't be the end of the world if he missed the train.

He stopped just outside the gates and pulled out his phone that had his train ticket trapped inside the case. He pulled it out strolled through the turnstiles, not smiling at the guard like he would usually because he was having an off day and happiness was just out of reach.

His train began to pull up but there were more people than usual and he began to push through them. One person in particular he noticed even fell over in a slight yelp of pain but he didn't stop to help, if they were in his way maybe they deserved it.

Luke got on the train just as the doors closed and saw the person slam their Palm to the ground in frustration. The train drove off, Luke felt slightly guilty but he was having a bad day and it wasn't his fault.

One act of joy was never going to fix Luke, that was clear, but it was the amazing start he needed at the time. Now however, he was finding it hard because his exams were coming up and he was scared of failing, he didn't want to let anyone down. He was just having an off day.

A random act of kindness can't just be a one off thing. For someone like Luke he needed more and now that person that he bumped into had his negativity passed onto him, Luke felt even worse for doing that.