4) Michael

Michael and Calum broke up that day.

It was a shame because the two had done so much together. The first date Calum had taken Michael on was to the beach where they shared an ice cream before splashing around in the sea. Michael didn't really like the water but when he was with Calum that didn't matter anymore. 

Michael had insisted on planning the second because he wanted to make Calum as happy as he made him. Instead of going out, the two boys stayed around Michael's house watching films and eating junk food until they felt sick but they wouldn't have changed that for the world.

In their minds, their world was focused on the other.

That day in the park would be ranked by both the boys as one of their lowest. What Calum was saying about what had happened in the shop annoyed Michael because he couldn't understand why Calum couldn't see how amazing he was.

"Calum don't you dare listen to what one irrelevant man in a shop said to you"

"He said I was useless. Am I useless Michael?" Calum's thoughts were leading him astray which was dangerous for the boy, overthinking is dangerous for everyone. Your anxiety manages to centre in on the smallest little hole of your insecurities and open it out so that you're consumed by them. The person is incredible, they just can't see it themselves.

"You know what is useless; this argument, that's what" Michael said in frustration placing his head in his hands, he just wanted Calum to be happy and he couldn't even argue with him when Cal was in such a sad mood.

"So you do think I'm useless?"

"That's not what I meant"

"Oh really?"

"Cal, I love you so much-"

"You know what Michael, we're done" Calum had said, picking up his bike with tears wet on his cheeks and cycling away. He didn't look back once, leaving Michael swinging aimlessly, his own set of tear stained cheeks because he only wanted to make Calum happy and somehow he'd done the opposite.

The two boys never thought there would be a day when they would break up, along with the rest of the world. It had all started that day when Michael had stopped Calum in the halls at school and told him to have a good day but now their love wasn't burning out as such, more flaming too intensely.

They were seeing too much of each other, maybe it wasn't a breakup but just a break. Maybe they both needed time to think because it was clear the boys still had feelings for one another. But life isn't perfect, not everything is an easy ride like in the books you're given to read as a child.

There will be ups and downs but if you want it to work, it will. Both positivity and negativity will be passed on so there comes a point where you have to think about your actions, a simple comment or push could change someone's mood dramatically with awful effects.

Luke was having an off day, he let it take over both him and the people he encountered that day.

Think about your actions, they can hurt.