"Yeah but still," Louis giggled when Harry removed his hand, turning around in his embrace so he was now facing his friend. "You were terrified."

"I don't like spiders..." Harry whispered, and Louis pouted, his legs hooked over Harry's as he sat sideways, still looking up at him.

Louis' hand was resting on Harry's shoulder, and Harry's arms were still around his waist, and they were very close, Louis still leaning on Harry's body.

Suddenly, everything felt less funny as Louis watched Harry's face, examining each feature like they were the most beautiful he'd ever seen.

Harry's green eyes softened as he started into Louis' blue ones, and both their laughing subsided, everything feeling much more serious then their joking just before.

Maybe Harry was only 11-years-old, and maybe Louis had just turned 12, but they had always been more mature for their ages.

"Um," Louis whispered. "T-Thank you for my present."

"You're welcome, Lou." Harry answered, his voice equally as soft as he reached down to push Louis' fringe out of his face.

Louis gulped, letting a small smile appear on his lips as Harry nervously bit his lip, both of them quiet as they continued to look into each other's eyes.

Then, ever so slowly, Harry began to move closer, until their foreheads were touching, his hand still trembling on Louis' cheek.

"Harry?" Louis asked, his eyes fluttering closed.

"Yeah?" Harry breathed.

"Are you going to kiss me?" He whispered, staying completely still while their noses brushed.

"I-I don't know." Harry stuttered. "Should I?"

Louis nodded slowly, waiting for Harry to make a move. Then, he tilted his head upwards, and was met with Harry's lips against his own, gentle, but firm.

And it was perfect.

Louis inhaled a sharp breath, not knowing what he was supposed to do, but feeling Harry's arms around him made him feel safe.

He gently pressed his own lips back against Harry's moving them slowly as his hand made its way to Harry's cheek.

Then, Harry pulled back, his eyebrows furrowed as he left Louis breathless, gulping nervously.

"Um," Harry began. "W-Was that okay?"

Louis nodded vigorously, turning around fully so that he was facing Harry, his legs around Harry's waist as he sat in his lap. He wrapped his arms around Harry's neck gently, while Harry kept his securely around Louis middle.

"Yeah." Louis replied, smiling as he looked down, then back up into Harry's smiling eyes. "Happy Birthday to me, right?"

Harry laughed and shook his head, before pressing his lips to Louis again, kissing him for the second time in his life, as he wondered why he hadn't done it before.

Kissing Louis was the best feeling in the world, having this amazing boy in his arms was all he ever wanted for the rest of his life, he knew it.

Louis kissed him back, giggling as he pulled away.

"We should do this more often." Louis chuckled. "I like this."

"I'm cool with that." Harry shrugged, resting their foreheads together as they laughed.

Once the laughter died down, Louis let out a long breath, as he tucked one of Harry's curls behind his ear.

"You're so pretty, H." Louis sighed. "I'm so glad you're my best friend."

Harry blushed as he smiled back.

"You know those movies we watch?" Harry asked. "The ones where the boy and the girl kiss at the end?"

"Yeah?" Louis asked as he turned sideways and settled against Harry's side again, letting his cheek rest against the younger boy's shoulder as he stayed securely between Harry's legs.

"Is that going to be us one day?" Harry asked. "Like, will we kiss and get married and live happily ever after?"

"We're already one step closer, Curly." Louis answered, closing his eyes as he clutched Harry's shirt. "We've already kissed."

"Does that mean that we're boyfriends?" Harry asked again, his eyes wide with innocence as Louis lifted his head to look up at him.

"If you want to be?" Louis asked, and Harry nodded.

"Yes, of course, always." Harry whispered, and leant down to press a kiss to Louis' forehead. "I really like you, Lou."

"I like you too, H." Louis answered. "I think I have for a little bit now, I-I just wasn't sure if you felt the same."

"I did." Harry confirmed, resting his cheek on the top of Louis' head as they cuddled. "I know I'm younger than you, but we're going to be heading off to high school next year and-"

"Harry." Louis chuckled, covering his friend's mouth with his hand as he turned to look at him. "You don't have to prove yourself to me. You've already got me."

"Yeah?" Harry breathed, his nervousness still evident in his eyes. "Cause sometimes I worry that you're going to realize I'm not cool and we'll get to high school and you'll ditch me for the popular kids because you're so beautiful-"

"Harry, curly, love." Louis laughed, cutting him off again as he sat up properly to look into his eyes. "I'm not going to leave you. It's you and me forever, yeah?"

"Okay." Harry nodded, a small smile on his lips. "You and I."

So Louis smiled, and kissed him again, just to prove to him that he could, the first day of their new relationship only just beginning and hope running high as the two boys cuddled on the couch, so incredibly happy and feeling like it would never end.

.

.

.

thoughts?

opinions?

feelings?

tell me your fav track from MITAM! :)