Chapter Twenty-Eight - When Blue Met Green

Cas (POV) 

*A DAY EARLIER*

"Damn it Cas, I love you!"

I look down at him, stopping the knife right before it smashed into his face. He slowly opens his eyes and looks back up at me, hope filling his whole face and he carried on holding onto my hand which was still gripping his face tightly.

"C-cas." He breaths out, trying to stand up but i hold him down.

"Do it, Castiel!" My father hisses from behind me. "Kill him!"

"Not on my watch!" I hear a voice shout from the doorway. I turn to see who it was only to see a bullet shooting right for my head. It hits me in the forehead and sends me tumbling backwards and falling to the floor at the force of it. It hurt like a bitch but a mere bullet, i knew, couldn't kill me.

I groan and hold my bloody head in my hands while in a flash i saw the younger Winchester drag the other one from off the floor and out of the door without a second look back while my father stood beside me, looking down at me and shaking his head.

"You're a disappointment." He scoffs before vanishing from sight.

***

I sit on the floor, my mouth was dry and my face was bloody from the bullet wound in my head. I lift up a hand and dig my finger nail inside the wound, clawing the bullet from out of my forehead, letting the blood drip down my face. 

Rage and hated mixed within me. Most for the Winchesters as i was unable to kill them but a fire inside me burned with hate for Lucifer who had now vanished from sight, no trace of him in the flat at all. 

I gradually pull myself up from the floor, walking over to look in the mirror, to see what i had become. The thing staring back at me barely looked like my old self and i didn't think i liked what i had become. I remembered everything, but my time on earth had been so much more peaceful then all those years i spent in hell as the ant-Christ. Didn't all humans have a choice? I was part human wasn't i? 

Did i really have to become the monster my father, and everyone else around me, thought and said that i would become? Maybe it was inevitable and i had no control over what i would be, or am, becoming. My eyes were so bloodshot i could barely look at them without feeling slightly nauseous. I walk into the bathroom and begin wipe the blood off of my face before heeling my wound which didn't even hurt.

The only thing that did especially hurt at that very moment was my heart. Perhaps it hurt because my father was disappointed in me. But i knew that wasn't the case. The demon had told me that he loved me but i believed that he was only saying that to stop me from killing him with his own blade. The demon didn't really love me.

A few hours had past before i got a calling of some sort. I couldn't even explain it, something in my head told me that i had to leave this flat and go elsewhere. To Lucifer. With only a click of my fingers i appeared in some run down old bar that was more or less empty. I frown and turn my nose up slightly before walking in.

I got a few dirty and scared looks from some of the customers because of the blood on my shirt but with a straight back and my head held high i walked past them elegantly and sat down at the bar, looking right at the bartender who was dubious about serving me. 

"Erm, what can i get you?" He asks, not getting to close to me.

"Water." I tell him simply. He lifts and eyebrow but nods his head before getting the drink while i look around to see my father approaching me. "Father."

"Don't call me that." He snaps quietly and the bartender hands me my water. 

"But that is who you are."