26

Invest In Yourself

In the previous chapter I told you all how important it was to get rid of stuff you don't need. In this chapter I will tell you that the most important person you can invest in is yourself.
Money is what many of us use to measure our level of success. It is the very thing that makes the world go round and is the very reason we go to work. We need money to pay for the basics in life, food and water as well as paying bills.
But when you have that extra left over, what do you do with it?
You would be surprised to hear how the majority of us squander our money by going out, drinking it all on drink binges, indulging ourselves with it at restaurants, and going to the shopping mall buying stuff, most of it junk that we do not need. It's a shame in my view.
You see, successful people know that the greatest investment you can make with that extra hard-earned cash is on yourself. Sure, it pays to put some aside for a rainy day, but we can put some of it towards our training, education and development. If your goal requires that a certain skill needs to be mastered, then it pays dividends to invest some of your money on getting the books and materials you need, even paying a teacher, instructor or mentor to teach you.
Tell me this...Does that compare to like buying the latest smartphone, designer clothes and that snazzy sports car?
In my opinion, it does not even come close. These are items that will degrade and depreciate in value over time, and let's face it, a mobile phone, though fancy in its features, will do nothing but waste tremendous amounts of your time (unless, in my view you are doing something productive on it) and bring you a massive phone bill.
Money, like time is quite precious. Once you spent it, you can never get it back. So it's good to use it wisely and you will be glad you made the greatest investment...yourself. Because when you invest in you and your success, you will reap big rewards as a result.