Rescue

Present Day
I've given up hope. I'm dying. I'm going to die in a ditch without saying goodbye to anyone. I sit everyday hoping I'll die, I couldn't stay in this hole one more day. I wanted to find peace.

BOOM. CLANK.

"Ahhh!" I heard one of the demons cry. I backed into a corner in fear. The door rattled a little then it swung open. No one appeared at the door. I heard footsteps. I became more frightened. The light shined a little on the man's face. It was a face I haven't seen in years. It was Stefan Salvatore.

"St...Stefan?" I said wearily.

"You don't look good." He said.

"Try being kidnapped and isolated in dirt for two years, then let me know if you still look good." I said.

"Yeah. Well I'm getting you out of here." He said. My head swirled a little. I stood up and took Stefan's hand against my will. I almost fell but he caught me and carried to the car. The sunlight made my eyes and skin burn. I turned my head onto Stefan's chest. He placed me in the back seat.

"Eat." He handed me a granola bar. I ate it like a cave woman. Words can't describe how hungry I am.

"Wa-" I tried saying. He threw handed me an ice cold water jug. It was gone in seconds.

"Now, tell me what you know about Katherine Pierce." He said. My head swirled again.

"You know probably more." I said.

"But you see, I don't. When you spend 2,000 years in a tomb, you don't really get the 411." He said.

"Stefan, what are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Oh, you think I'm Stefan." He laughed. I sat up, ready to dodge out the car.
"Well you see. I'm immortal and nature needed a balance," He said with hand gestures. "So they created my shadow self. A version of me that could die. Mine is Stefan. And Elena and Katherine are shadow selves of my one true love, Amara. So tell me what you know about Katherine Pierce." He said.

"She's a vindictive bitch. Last I heard she was in that tomb, where she was supposed to be in 1864. She wouldn't help us find Klaus."

"Well they found Klaus. Katherine certainly isn't in the tomb, anymore. Oh yeah, Elena's a vampire. Tyler and Caroline are dating, except Tyler left to break the hybrid sure bond. Oh! And the Delena ship has sailed." He said. My mouth started becoming dry again.

"My brothers. Are they alive?" I asked.

"Yes, I just need to know where they are."

"How would I know? I've been in a ditch for two years."

"That's why I pulled you out. Now, go to sleep." And then I was out like a light.
-------------------------------------------------
"Silas, you just can't kidnap people!" A voice said.

"Oh calm down. She was already kidnapped when I found her." Silas replied. My eyes fluttered open to a finalist Victorian home.

"She's waking up!" Another familiar voice said. I felt a cold hand on my forehead. My eyes were open and I sat up wearily.

"Wh-where am I?" I asked. My vision was still blurred a little. I held my head in my hands. It was pounding.

"Recognize this?" Silas asked me. I looked around. I started to remember. Waking up in a bed here. Walking in and out the door. Waking up on this coach. I looked around. I recognized the bourbon and whiskey tray and the books.

"Salvatore boarding house." I whispered. I looked around at the people surrounding me. I saw Damon, Elena, and Stefan.

"Silas, what's going on?" Elena asked him.

"What? You don't remember her?" He asked. Elena's face was blank. Was I really that unrecognizable?

"I ne-nee-need a mi-mirror." I said. I was scared. Damon handed me one and I looked into it. The person staring back at me wasn't myself. The blonde hair remained. My cheekbones stick out boldly. I had dirt everywhere. My eyes were swollen. I had bruises everywhere. A tear slipped down my cheek.

"I know, you don't remember me. Hell, I don't either. But please... I just need a shower." I said. Silas laughed.

"This is weird." Stefan said.

"Please, you know me. Once I get all the dirt off, you might be able to recognize me. You're Elena Gilbert," I turned to Elena. "Last I heard, you were with Stefan. Bonnie and Caroline are your best friends. Um at the 60s decade dance, you wore peace sign earrings, that was also the night I went missing." I said.

"I-I'm sorry. I still don't remember you, but I trust you that I know you." She stood up and motioned me to follow her. She led to the shower. She grinned at me sympathetically. I stripped and turned on the water. The warm water felt exhilarating. I started to cry tears of happiness. I thought I would die in that place, but here I am taking a shower. I looked down and there was yellow liquid running down the drain. I looked at my hair and the blonde was coming out. I smiled. I stayed in there for a while longer for all the dye to come out. I stepped out and looked at my body in the mirror. I was a skeleton. Whatever fat or muscle that was on my body had disappeared. My ribs were sticking out. I could stick half of my finger in each one of them. My stomach was gross. My thighs had an obvious gap.

I put a towel on. And stepped into some clothes Elena laid out for me. These clothes used to be my size but now they could barely stay on. I stepped into the living room where everyone was taking. When I walked in, all conversation stopped. Everyone looked at me. "Is this better?" I asked. My natural hair was back and my face wasn't dirty.

"I still don't know who you are." Elena said.

"I get it." I said. The shorts almost fell completely off but I stopped them.

"You need food." Damon said while setting down his bourbon. "Maybe this will work. Maybe you'll look normal." He jammed his open wrist to my mouth. I struggled. I knew what was happening. I could take him on easy, before Lilith took me. But soon I became tired of struggling and drank.

"Damon. Stop!" Stefan yelled.

"I'm helping her!" He yelled. He pushed me away from his wrist. He grabbed bother sides of my face. He turned his hands. I felt a sharp sensation in my neck.

"No-" I heard Elena yell, before I couldn't feel anything.