Chapter 25

Hi!

Another chapter. Okay, I really put some effort into writing this one and I hope everything comes across the way I wanted it to... Let me know what you think! :D

Lara

______________________________________________________

Chapter 25

By the time we entered Bad Blood, I had already figured it out. Victor was the leader of the coven that had questioned Alexander's authority. I had never met him in person, but from what I saw from at meeting the head vamp had with Victor's underlings, he must have pissed Alexander off somehow. I hadn't really cared about it up until now.

The head vampire walked into the club with determination, never faltering in his steps. The oddness and grace with which he was moving was unsettling. Power was fused with every movement and each single step he took. He had a sense of ancientness about him that stole upon my mind quietly only to shatter it when I expected it the least. Like a perpetually pulsating vein in my forehead – massaged by an on-off-stimulus – the stillness in the head vampire never failed to stun and terrify me anew. He never seemed to have to side step, or wait for someone to pass. It was as if the crowd of vampires recognized him for what he was, parting and subtly opening a passage for us to walk through. Moses couldn't have done a better job himself – if he ever truly existed.

The music was House, the decoration was less stylish, less posh than the one in Ryon Club, but the feeling of being in enemy territory was the same.

My hand was still in the grip of the head vampire's, an odd sensation that constantly sent shivers up my arm. Alexander pulled me into another direction without any forewarning, walking faster than before. Apparently he was aiming at a booth at the left back side of the Club, where a few vamps were seated in groups, most of them sipping what looked like red wine.

We came to a halt in front of the booth wordlessly. I watched five pairs of undead eyes stare back at me and felt their collective power pull at my mind, drag me down like a train load of lead weights. I recognized Quentin and another vamp from their little visit to Alexander's. The head vampire, however, seemed to have only eyes for one vampire. Victor, I supposed.

Sitting on one luxury of a red couch – completely at ease, one leg slung over the other, and framed by two other male vamps – he made what he was doing look like a highly intricate art form. I openly stared at him. He was clad in a black designer suit, the fabric just a little short of screaming 'expensive,' and he still managed to look like death impersonated. His short hair was light blond, almost as if the color had been sucked from it. It should have made him an ugly sight, given that his skin was white as a sheet. It didn't. All it did was to accentuate his blue eyes, the tone just a shade lighter than Alexander's.

The expression on his face was an interesting blend of amusement and amicability. It was hard to put a finger on its exact flavor, but it certainly was odd. Without my realizing, Victor had turned his attention towards us. I could feel his gaze as if it was a physical touch.

"Alexander. It has been too long. Had I known that you would come here this night, I would have ordered wine of a better vintage. To what do I owe this-"

Victor never finished the sentence. The head vampire was on top of the table in a half-crouch, directly in front of Victor, his hand clasped around the vampire's neck.

"Why don't we omit the unnecessary exchange of niceties and you just tell me what I want to know, Victor?" Alexander said with otherworldly calmness, emphasizing the last word mockingly.