The Break Up?

Mila woke up from a bad dream. She dreamt that her mother was dying from cancer. She sat erect from the head board and looked at the clock above her mirror.
3.a.m?!
Her phone suddenly rang. It was an unidentified caller.
She answered
"Mila?" She heard a young voice call
"Yes? Who is this?" She asked
"It's me! Daniel, I-"
"Daniel? What time is it there?"
"I don't know but I know it's late at night... I need to talk to you"

Mila rolled her eyes at her brothers goofy-slash-seriousness.

"What is it Daniel?" She finally asked on a serious note. The phone went silent. Daniel stuttered as if he had something to admit. Mila's eyes widened and sat herself upright in preparation to what Daniel was about to say.

"Daniel, please, don't tell me you lost your virginity cause I'm gonna come back to Johannesburg, and I swear I'm gonna kill you," Mila raised her voice at the last 4 words.

"No! No, damn! I didn't! It's just that... I... I think I'm adopted," Daniel paused for his older sisters reaction. Mila frowned.

"Hold on, what?" She repeated. "Are you joking, Daniel?"

"No! I swear I'm not joking. I'm being for real! I've got evidence, I've got proof and if you wanna see it I emailed it to you so just check your inbox. It just got to me and I had to talk about it, well at least to someone," he said sadly. Mila could tell from his low voice that he was tired.

"Listen, Daniel, go to sleep and we'll talk about this tomorrow, okay?" Mila said in a calm gentle voice.

"But won't you be busy?"

"Not busy enough for you! I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay? Love you"  she smiled and hung up. That situation got her thinking. Was her mom pregnant the time she brought Daniel home?  Mila couldn't remember, she never paid attention to her mother and would always be by herself and independent.

She opened her laptop and checked her emails for the one Daniel sent. She came across one called "This is the evidence". He tapped on it and went through it.
First there was a picture where he compared himself to his mom.
"Well, I mean, he could've looked like his dad,"
The second one was a screenshot of a site for adopted children. And his baby picture was there. And his full name!
"Okay, now that's..." Mila pushed her laptop away. She tried thinking of the days before Daniel and home. She sighed and just dropped herself on the bed and passed out
______
Mila sat at a coffee table outside the beautiful Washington DC. She had a strong coffee with her laptop on the table she did research on the site. There were a lot of children on the site. But that one specific baby looked exactly like Daniel.

Heather came up to Mila. She had a blue eye but covered it in make up. She looked at Mila who was too programmed into her laptop to notice her presence.
"Mind if I join you?" Heather said. Mila looked up at Heather and signalled that she may sit. Mila closed her laptop and sat there looking at her friend mischievously. She was amused by the bruises those girls gave her.

"So..." Heather said shifting a bit in her seat.
"So?"
"I don't think it's a good idea you work with these people, Mila" Heather said. Mila moved in her seat rolling her eyes at Heather she really expected her to say something like that.
"Oh wow!"
"No really Mila, these people aren't the best people for a university student like you!"
"Well you know what Heather? You're so predictable! I so saw that coming!" Mila paused. "Who the hell do you think you are? Telling me how to handle myself? Showing me what's best for me? I told you, back off!"

Heather stopped. She felt a bit hurt after what Mila said.
"You know what Mila? I will back off. I will not help you with anything anymore and you will not help me with anything. You know you need me more than I need you! I've got friends, show me yours? I don't need a stubborn bXtch in my life right now! You're just a complication," Heather stood up calmly and walked off
"Enjoy your life as a stripper, whXre," she finally said and walked off.

She was done with Mila. Done! All she tried to do was help! But everything just got shoved back in her face! Mila was going to be on her own this time. And only realised afterward. Mila sat in that cafe wondering what her next move was going to be. She was going to have to go to the club and get some money. She packed her stuff up, put her laptop bag over her shoulder, grabbed her coffee and stomped off in her high heels.

______
"Please bXtch, all you care about is being the main one in the show!" One girl said to another. They were already dressed and they were going to do the bedroom shift. Mila slowly walked and shut the place down. Everyone shot their heads at her.
"Hi, I'm here for the shift?"
"Mila?"
"Yes"
"You're doing bedroom shift too, go get ready! Your shift starts in 7 minutes!" A woman said. Mila rushed to the changing rooms while seeing all the girls ogling her outfit: a nice navy blue suit, a pair of black leather heels and some bright red lipstick.

The clothes they had picked for them weren't even clothes. They were strings of clothes! Mila wasn't comfortable wearing it and wanted to drop out immediately. Her butt was all out there and her friends were popping out. The string was just thick enough to cover her nipple. She had black leather knee high boots and strings all around her. She looked at herself in the mirror.
"Okay Mila, this might not be what you were hoping for, but this is going to be it! I'm strong enough for this!" Mila said and walked out after covering herself in her robe

To be continued...

Is this going to be a success or not?
Hi everyone
Thanks for reading! Thanks to all you guys who asked me questions about Mila and Zendaya (my two main characters in my two books)
I would love to hear from you cause I haven't been on for so long. So just leave a little comment right there! Thank you

Livin2Write
MuchMoreMuchier
bee_lieve
itsniyaduhh12
sharpaybae