The "job offer"

The Job offer
Mila was shocked. The man had covered her mouth ordering her not to scream or do anything to get Heather's attention. He slowly let go of her and hesitantly walked a few steps backwards.

"I come in peace", the man started off. This was the same man who sat in the couch when the girls dragged her to the room. "Now, get rid of your friend", The man ordered.
Mila frowned, he was really telling her what to do in her own apartment. But her soft and shy- self couldn't help but do what he says, she was afraid he was going to do something stupid or dangerous to her or even worse - Heather!

Mila walked to Heather standing outside on her phone.
"Hi, Heather I'm sorry but... You have to go now! I have... Something important came up", Mila lied. Heather's eyes widened. Mila was supposed to be inviting her into the house and not chasing her out. Heather questioned Mila with her eyes.

"Is everything okay, Mila?", Heather said out if concern.

"Yip! Everything is A-okay", Mila smiled. But Heather could see her getting hot and sweaty and nervous. She frowned and put her phone back in her pocket. Nothing was making sense at that moment. Heather kept frowning and questioning her. There was a long awkward silence between the girls and Mila was so scared

"Look, I'll see you tomorrow love you bye!", Mila spoke swiftly and shut the door in Heathers face.

"Mila, what the hell?! Open the door!! Mila!!", she shouted banging on the door but Mila took a deep breathe instead and slowly walked into the other room as if nothing was wrong.
But with her friend banging on the door, it wasn't very easy.
___
"So, I heard you found a job!", the man said trying to speak over Heather's knocking and banging on the door.
Mila felt very uncomfortable and scared. She was worried about Heather and her safety, including anyone she knew - which was very few people in the case she was in.

"Uh, yeah", she said uncomfortably "I did."

"Hmm, nice!", he said knitting his fingers with each other "how much did they say they'll pay you a month?", Mila couldn't understand why he was asking her such personal information... It was as if he wanted to do something about it or with the information.

"Uh, like, around 60", she said "or so", her voice fading. Suddenly the man burst out laughing. Mila stood there still worrying about Heather banging on the door, which had now quietened down after a while. She'd felt like such an idiot at that moment. She wanted to demand him to leave but she was so scared!

"Really?!", he said getting his breath back

"Yeah..."

"And are you satisfied with that?!", he laughed surprised out of his mind. He made a complete fool out of Mila

"Well, it's only for beginners so I guess I'll manage getting a promotion in the future, and stuff", she paused fiddling with her arm.

"No, look... I have a... Let's say, proposal for you!", Mila's eyes widened "I have a job offer for you. And let me tell you this, you get a lot of money for doing absolutely nothing! All you have to do is show up and you get money every time you do!", he smiled shrugging "interested?"

"Yes, uh", she tried to hide her excitement "I mean... It all depending on the job which is what exactly?", she added.

"Hmmm," the man started off. "It's a very easy dancing job! You get to make some more friends and get to know more people! Simple, isn't it?" He smiled. "And another thing is, we pay so much more - in fact, we pay per hour!," he exclaimed.

Mila was very interested. She desperately wanted some more money, first she could get herself a better house, second, she can go out to clubs not having to have a budget.

"Are you interested, Miss Africa?", he asked gently. Mila paused for a moment.

I need this money

"How much per hour?", she asked not even caring about what exactly she was doing.

"At least 200 per hour", he said simply trying to make her want it even more.  Mila was eager to start working for this man and never even doubted him for once!

"$200 per hour?", she exclaimed "I'm so interested", she dragged out the "so"

"You start the basics tomorrow, goodbye", he ordered and walked to the door. Mila ran after him having so many questions to be answered.

"Wait, so what kind of dance is this? Do I need some specific qualifications? Because I'm only doing this to get some extra cash for me to go to college so can I be part-time? Wait, does part-time get me less cash?", she blabbed. He completely and blandly ignored her and just shut the door in her face.
"Wait where are you going?", she said right before he shut the door.

_____
"I think I'm not going to be in the restaurant for long", Mila explained to Heather walking to the tables to clean them up.
"What do you mean? I thought you needed the money!", Heather frowned.

"True", she dragged. "But I got a job that offers so much than this one! And by 'so much', I mean - cash!", Mila said excitedly "I mean $200 to $600 per hour! Heather, that's a salary I've always wanted to earn in a month. Now I get to have it every hour!", she added.

Heather was very happy for her, but she was a bit suspicious of what had happened the day before and why she suddenly has a job over-night.

What job can this be?

Do you think Mila agreeing to this is dangerous?

Will this affect Mila's relationship with Heather?

Miss_Gentleman_3rd
@princesstwen