Maester Rowan

We'd made it North faster than any of us had really planned. Now that we were out of the South we were meeting with those who were supposed to swear fealty to Jaime and I. They didn't look too happy as the husband and wife stood side by side glaring at Jaime, and looking on me with pity. I couldn't help but wonder if Jaime had killed any of their family members, sons, brothers, fathers perhaps. Not a word is spoken against him in our company.

After the brief ceremony, I step forward, "we thank you for your efforts to provide us with a feast, but save it. Winter is Coming and we will need food later. Already the snows are falling."

"Thank you," the wife, I can't remember her name I'd been so distracted with thoughts of Sansa whom I can see out of the corner of my eye is paler than usual, says as she curtsies.

"We wish to seek council with your Maester, one of our members has fallen ill."

"Arrangements will be made immediately. May I ask who it is My Lady?"

"Lady Sansa," I say. "She has been feeling a little sick lately, seems normal with the change in weather I suppose, but better to be safe than sorry while we're travelling."

"Of course," she says. "Maester Rowan," an old man reminiscent of the likes of Maester Luwin steps out of the shadows.

"Right this way My Lady," he says to me. I hold out my arm and Sansa takes it.

"Jaime," I say looking back. "Check on things making sure everyone is making camp preparations properly. Send Shae along when you get the chance," I say giving him a meaningful glance.

"Of course," he says nodding his head towards me and I can see he's trying not to smile. I turn back to walking two of our guards following us.

"He likes this authoritative side of you," Sansa whispers.

"They hate him," I whisper back. "I can't just leave him there, and he sure as well can't come with us."

"That has nothing to do with it," she says.

"What do you know?" I ask as we are lead into a room. "Wait outside," I say to the guards, who nod and separate keeping watch at the door. Maester Rowan closes the door.

"What do you expect to happen?"

"They won't leave me alone," I say.

"Ser Jaime is very protective of his wife," Sansa says.

"I see why," he says looking at me. "When do you expect a child."

"We'd hoped to arrive at Winterfell and get settled first," I say.

"Yes, I see. Travel can be bad for a baby. What seems to be the matter with you Miss."

"First," I say drawing a piece of paper from my gown. "You sign this," I move to the desk and set it down. He looks it over.

"Why the secrecy?" he asks.

"Just sign it," I say.

"The only people I would ever tell are my Lord and Lady."

"Sign it," I repeat, so he does. "Not a word leaves this room."

"I signed it," he points out. "I'm a Maester, why am I signing things to keep my mouth shut?"

"She was attacked by someone, in a position of power, and we might have a situation."

"Oh... OK," he says. "Go ahead and lie back," he says to Sansa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch the men preparing the tents. "Ser Jaime you asked for me?"

"I suppose I don't have the title of Ser anymore do I? I'm no longer a Kingsguard, I suppose that means I lost my Knighthood."

"Lord Jaime," Shae corrects herself.

"Lady Lya said she wished to see you. She and Sansa are meeting with the Maester."

"OK."

"She seemed like she wanted something else, any idea what she meant?"

"No Ser- M'Lord," she corrects herself before I can.

"Alright, go on," I say. I set about continuing to watch the men prepare the tents, my "hand" itching wishing to do something. I sigh frustrated with myself, and go off to find something I can do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you so much," I say to the Maester who bows in response.
"Good luck and safe travels home."
I put a comforting arm around Sansa, "let's go to the others." We walk out the door and a worried Shae comes running to us.
"They wouldn't let me through," she says clasping Sansa's hands in hers. "Are you alright?"
"Why don't you take her back with you," I say seeing her still ashen face. "Have you seen my husband or Tyrion anywhere?"
"Lord Jaime sent me here. I haven't seen Tyrion in a while."
"Thank you. Go on back now," I say. One of the guards follows them and I turn the other way mine following me. I needed some time to myself to think.

"Lady Lya!" I turn to see Lord Tyrion waddling his way towards me, his few guards following along slowly behind him almost looking bored.

"Lord Tyrion," I say waiting for him to come closer containing my excitement that something might have been heard from my sister.

"How is Lady Sansa?"

"As well as can be expected, any news?" I say now that he is closer, dropping my voice down to a whisper.

"No, I'm sorry," he says. My face falls, "but we won't give up, there has been several sightings and they will get her back to you soon. In the meantime Lord Jaime was looking for you."

"Is he alright?"

"He just said that I should talk to you and that I should tell you he was waiting for you."

"OK, thank you. Please don't hesitate to approach me if you hear anything."

I head back into our tent looking for Jaime. There's candles on the small table and two plates set up with some food. I look at it furrowing my brow, "you're back," I turn to see Jaime had walked in behind me.

"Are we celebrating something?"

"Are we?"

"Sansa is-," he puts a finger to my lips stopping me.

"Let's talk about that later, let's just relax for tonight. I thought a nice dinner just the two of us would be good, after everything that is going on with your family," he pulls me into his embrace.

"They're your family now as well," I say looking up at him. "Just like Tyrion and your father and everyone else is now my family."

A/N: sorry it took so long to update and that this is so short. I don't know if I'm happy with it but I'm going to leave it for now. I won't have WiFi for another week as I'm moving but I'm starting on the next chapter tonight. Also sorry for any grammar mistakes I wrote this on my phone. Thank you for sticking with me this long!

Edits: I hope this is a little better, less confusing for people! Little bit of fluff and we still don't know what's going on with Sansa! I'm still trying to figure that part out myself. Enjoy!