2

I first met you the day I heard the ultimate bad news.

The news broke me. I needed time to be alone so I came to the hilltop. I expected it to be empty but that's where I met you. I was just standing at the edge of the cliff, thinking of jumping off when you gently pushed me backwards so I was farther away from the edge. You cared for my life. Maybe you knew that I would survive it all so you decided to stop me from giving up. I was so sure that I would die but still, I listened to you.

That day, you consoled me. You told me everything would be alright. You guided me to the bench, far away from the edge where one step could finish me.

You said you would listen. So I chose to tell you my story.

"I was born in Peterborough in 2004. When I was a year old, my father died of lung cancer. My mother died of grief days later. Her sister, Janet took me to her house. She lives in a very tiny town near Grimsby. I was raised in a very proper, old fashioned way. But I am very lonely here. I don't even like this place... but this cliff is nice. This place is peaceful like the down but not as lonely. I love it." I told you and we talked all evening.

You listened to me while I talked and you never interrupted. You didn't make fun of me when I cried because you understood my pain. You told me. "You can do it, Victoria. You can beat this disease. A brain tumour can't hurt you. Be brave. Be strong."

I didn't really believe you but I liked your words. I liked you. So I promised to come back soon. You told me you'd be there whenever I would need you.

She talked to the wind and she played with it. When the wind danced, she danced with it. She sang and they danced to the lovely melody. The wind loved her and she loved it back.

A/N. Vote please!
- Crystal :D