5

I visited again after quite a long because I was busy with Chemotherapy. I felt guilty for not coming because you were better than Chemo.

Anything was better than Chemo.

"Sorry. I should've come before. You're my happiness. I needed you. I should've come."

You swirled around me. "Oh, darling. It's okay. You're through Chemo. You should be happy, Victoria! You'll be cancer free soon."

"Oh, but Wind, I haven't told you the bad news yet." I said, softly. A tear trickled down my pale cheek. You wiped it.

"Tell me, dear Victoria."

"It didn't work." I cried.

You gasped and you blew harder. "That's horrible! What will happen now?"

"Surgery." I gulped.

Your speed lessened slightly. "It's going to be okay." You said. "Everything is going to be okay. Once you're through it, you'll get rid of the tumour in your brain. Your headache will be gone. The pressure in your head won't be there anymore and you'll be fine as ever."

"I turned 11 during Chemo. I don't want to die." I sniffled.

"It's okay, darling. You're not going to die. You'll get through this." You told me.

"But you know..." I said, slowly. "If I die, I'll go to my mom and daddy."

"Victoria..."

I suddenly zoned out on what you were saying. A strange thought had entered my mind.

"What if..." I said, quietly. "What if you are my mom. It fits. Why wouldn't my mother's soul come to see me here? Are you my mother, Wind?" I asked.

You laughed. It was such a musical laugh. "Oh, Victoria. Who am I? Isn't that an interesting question."

I got excited. "But what's the answer? Wind, are you my mummy?"

"No, Victoria. I'm not your mother. But who I am is a question only you can answer."

"But I don't know the answer." I said, disappointed that you weren't my mother.

"You'll get it. When it's time, you'll understand."

There was silence for a moment. Then, a horrifying thought came to my mind.

"You're not a ghost, are you?" I asked.

You laughed that musical laugh again. "No, my dear. Stop thinking such things. You'll get it soon. Till then, I'm just Wind."

"Okay." I mumbled... "Can we dance, Wind?"

So we danced and by this time, I had perfected this dance. So I sang and we danced. You danced so hard that my hair flew and my baby pink frock puffed out. It would've been a ridiculous sight but I didn't care. All I cared about was that you were with me and we were dancing. You were right, Surgery would go fine.

I trusted you. I loved you. I believed in you.

Thank you for everything, Wind.

I love you so much. Don't you ever ever leave me. You're my comfort. Help me get through this and I'll come