Wanna give your heart a break

Mulai dari awal

"Oh, what's there to be jealous of?"

"You don't have a lap to lie on," Sirius teased.

If my cheeks were any redder, I'd turn into a tomato. I pushed Sirius off my lap, causing the boys to snicker.

"Neither do you anymore, mate."

"Piss off," Sirius muttered darkly, but the twitch of his lips told me he was only joking around.

He gave me a humorous wink, before stretching a bit. "This is horrible."

"You've just said that," Remus pointed out, not even glancing away from his textbook.

Sirius gave a deep, heavy sigh that made me shake my head in exasperation.

"Sirius, love?" I said, making my voice as sweet as I possibly could without stuttering. Couldn't even fathom that I had just called Sirius my 'love'. He seemed a bit surprised by it himself, which only made my cheeks tingle all the more. Damn. "Please study," I finished lamely.

It was weird for me to be so companionable with him again. Even after a week of being constantly surrounded by him and/or his friends, it was still freaking me out a little. Sirius had just fallen back into old patterns, not really realizing or caring how awkward the situation still felt at times.

That was the strange thing about Sirius, I thought. No matter how awkward the situation was, being around him felt like coming home. I sighed.

I missed the times when the only thing I had to worry about was not letting too many people come too close to me. Nowadays I had witches and wizards flocking to me like moths to a flame and I couldn't even say that I minded, because I loved the bloody sods. I was in some deep water, I thought.

Sirius stuck out his tongue. "I am studying," he said, waving his book in front of my nose.

I tried to take it away from him, but instead a tug of war followed. I pulled and pulled and grinned triumphantly when he let go of the book. I realized too late, however, that him letting go meant I was going to fall right on my back and I went down with a disgruntled 'oomph' instead of my intended victory cry.

Sirius crawled towards me and sat on my stomach, using his legs to support his weight. "Now, I think someone is getting a bit too sassy here."

I heard James groan something about not being able to concentrate with all the foreplay going on, which made me give him an embarrassed glance.

"I need your eyes to be on me, Nika," Sirius whispered, moving his face next to mine so only I could hear.

"Oh dear Merlin," I heard Remus say worriedly.

I bit my lip and swallowed. Sirius traced a path with his finger down my left cheek and left a trail of fire in its wake. I shivered and saw his eyes light up as I did so.

The bloody sod was enjoying this a bit too much. I bucked my hips. "Get off," I told him.

It was too soon, I thought. He was getting too close too soon again.

"Now, little dove," Sirius started jovially, but I didn't want to know what he was going to say.

"I'm not kidding, Sirius, get off of me," I wheezed, feeling the panic closing in.

He must have finally realized that something wasn't right, since he let himself be pushed away from me and fell back on his arse on the grass. "Nika?" he asked me gently. "I was only kidding, sweetheart."

I froze and stared at him with wide eyes. He had never before seriously called me sweetheart. I was always one of his 'loves' or his 'little dove'. This was a new one and it felt like he was pushing me off the edge.