It's hard to put the fire out

Sorry, I've been so absent lately! I've had a lot going on and haven't been online very much. Anyway, here's a new chapter! Hope you enjoy (:

Chapter 37

No blood will spill if we both get out now,

Still it's hard to put the fire out.

~ Battlefield - Lea Michele

"It's absolutely incredible that he found that room though," Lily said, drumming her hands excitedly on her desk. "There's no mention of it in Hogwarts: A History and come on, this is so exciting!"

"Miss Evans?" McGonagall asked with a frown. "If you could tone down the enthusiasm a little please?"

Lily gave the professor a happy nod, which only confused the poor woman more. I tried not to snicker.

"Will you calm down, you obsessive fangirl?" I giggled softly as McGonagall gave us a last disapproving look.

"Who is she fangirling about?" I heard James ask behind us.

I refused to turn around and I saw even Lily's excitement dim a little, although that didn't stop her from gushing.

"Do you think he'll let us use the room for other things?"

"Who is she talking about?" James whispered in a panicked voice. "What room?"

I smirked. "He doesn't own it, Lils."

Lily looked so excited I feared she was about to start clapping her hands in class. "Oh this is glorious indeed. I've always wanted my own library in the castle. It's great. And where did you say it was again?"

I gave her a look. "If you don't remember it from the last three times I told you, I doubt it's going to stick this time."

Lily stuck out her tongue. "Aren't you excited, Nika? Admit you are excited!"

"About a room?"

Lily's smile widened. "Or, you know, maybe you want a taste of the forbidden fruit."

I gasped, scandalized. "Lily," I hissed.

"What on Earth are they talking about?" I heard James mutter angrily.

"I don't know, Prongs. Why don't you ask them?" Remus replied with a hint of annoyance at James' drama.

I didn't really care much about what they were saying, but I can say that I was happy that Sirius found a seat on the other side of the room with Peter.

"Are you going to tell Sirius?" Lily whispered now, but still too loud to keep James from hearing.

"What do I need to tell Sirius exactly?" I muttered, getting a bit annoyed myself. "That I change into a bloody dove every full moon?"

Lily made a face. "No, but you know... Don't you think he'll want to know?"

"If he wants Sirius to know he can tell him himself. I'm not an owl," I sighed.

"Psst, Nika," James whispered, poking me in the side with his quill. "What are you lot talking about?"

I turned around and leaned over heavily on his desk when McGonagall's back was turned, so only he would hear. "Your inescapable death," I replied immediately. "I wonder if I'll scream if I kill someone myself. Something to ponder over," I smiled sweetly, before turning around again.