Pizza and Luke

River's P.O.V. (picture is River)

        "Luke!" I yelled to my best friend. I was sitting on the couch and he was doing some paper work. It was our lazy day so we didn't really get dressed.

        "What?" He grumbled, tiredly. He's been having trouble sleeping lately.

        "Let's get pizza!" I yelled and ran off to get the phone. I dialed to number to the place, Clock House Pizzeria, and Paulie, the owner, answered. "Yo, Paulie." I called through the phone.

        "River! What can I get you? The usual, large mushroom, sausage, green pepper, and tomato pizza?" He asked. Yes, I get pizza so often that I have a usual and I know the owner guy on a first name basis.

        "You know me so well. Of course. And can I get some Pepsi too?" I asked.

        "Of course, be there in 15 or so." He told me.

        "Bye, Paulie!" I screamed into the phone and hung up.

        "Will you quit freaking yelling?" Luke called to me from the living room. He is a cranky tired person.

        "Why don't you just go to bed?" I told him and I heard his footsteps going to his bedroom. I heard his door close and hoped he would get some sleep.

        Luke and I live together. We have since I was 13. Even though he was only 14 at the time, but his parents gave us money. They still do so we're ok. And before anyone asks, no I don't like Luke in that way. He has a thing for our friend Patrick anyways. Promise.

        A little while later, the door bell rang and I went to get it. It was Paulie who was standing at the door. "That'll be $14.56" He told me and handed me the food. I passed him the money and smiled at him. He smirked back. I closed the door after saying a quick 'bye' and went to the kitchen. I cracked open the pizza and ate half of it before going into the living room.

        About an hour later, Luke came crawling in. He grabbed a piece of the pizza and microwaved it. When it was down he slowly made his way into the living room and flopped down next to me. His black hair was every where and he was cuddled up in a huge blanket. He still looked tired and he was dosing off.

        "Eat your pizza then sleep. I don't want you choking." I told him and he grunted. He sat his pizza on the table and laid his head in my lap.

        "Not hungry. Tired." He mumbled. I giggled at him and played with the bobby pin in my hair that was keeping the bangs out of my face. He started to go to sleep so I kissed his temple in a friendly way and stroked his hair a little bit.

        I let him sleep for awhile on my lap before moving him up to his room. He was kinda heavy but I made it. I was just hoping for him to sleep for awhile since he's had such a problem sleeping lately. I worry about him over working with the gang a lot. It really gets to him. But he's second in command, behind Eli, so he has duties to do. Training new members, planning shit. He has a lot.

        The next morning, Luke wasn't feeling well. He had a fever and he was coughing a lot. I told him he was staying home whether he liked it or not. But that also meant I had to be the one to tell Eli. Sounds like I'm gonna have a fun day.