Some Drawings, an Assassin, and a Planned Fight

So what now? I think to myself.

If the spirit's words were true, I was also in search of someone. But who?

It was getting dark and I needed to find a place to rest for the night. I wandered the cold, dark, smelly streets of Boston for a bit keeping my coat close to my body and my hood over my head. While I tried not to draw attention to myself, people left me alone but still gave me strange looks when we passed.

"Hey look there he is!"

I whipped around and see a colonist pointing at me a few yards away. "It's the wanted man with the hood!"

People stopped where they stood and stared. Some women gasped and screamed while grabbing their children to turn and run.

"Guards, don't let him get away!" The man continued to shout.

I turned around and before I knew it, I was surrounded by at least five red coats who had their muskets pointed and ready to fire.

I didn't panic. My body went into fight mode as I felt a small smile pull at the corners of my mouth. I still felt a fight left in me. And this time, I would not be afraid to kill. I am an Assassin. This would be good for me.

A red coat lunged at me. I easily side-stepped him and grabbed the wood of his musket while with my other hand dipped his head forward and I brought the gun into his head while I moved my hand down to pull the trigger. The blood from the blow poured over my fingers but I didn't have time to wipe it away when another red coat came at me from behind. It was not as bad as I make it out to be. I bent my upper body back enough so the bayonet didn't penetrate me. Once I leaned forwards and gained my balance back, I did a quick spin and pressed my hand on his back and unsheathed my hidden blade into his flesh as he falls dead to the ground at my feet.

"Now who's next?" I growled looking at the three men circling me.

Two red coats came at me at once their bayonets both pointed at my sides as they charged. Taking a few steps back was all I had to do; they rammed each other in the stomach howling in pain. I shove both hands forward, pressed both hidden blades into their necks, and released watching them fall to my feet dead.

Only one remained. This one was big. He wore a funny plaid green kilt and held a large long ax.

"One more," I muttered to myself.

He swings the axe over his head as he ran towards me. When the blade was about to come in contact with my neck, I dropped to the ground and did a tumble around him as I jumped up behind him ready to end his life but he was too quick for me and rammed his elbow back hitting me in the head with the butt of his ax. Black dots danced in my vision as I fell to the ground. Before I could get up, there was a thick heavy black boot on my chest.

I looked up to find the man grinning down at me. "Oh, I'm going to enjoy this," he raises the ax over his head.

There was no way my journey was about to end... not like this...

Suddenly out of nowhere, in a flash of white and blue, he appeared. I felt like I was in one of my dreams when I knew exactly what he was about to do and I knew exactly what I needed to do.

As if we had rehearsed it, the man pulled out his gun still undetected by the guard and shot the red coat in the back. The man staggered back and quickly pulled his boot off my chest. I jumped to my feet and pushed the red coat back into the ground as I buried my hidden blade into his neck.

I slowly got to my feet, surprised at my killing all these men. I then looked at the man who just saved my life. We studied each other for a moment. I couldn't believe I was staring at the man and boy I had been dreaming about for the past ten years.