Part I : Chapter XII

Start from the beginning

       "Loki," I cried, sitting up and covering my face with my hands. He was gone. I had barely met him, and now all my hopes of finding out more about my real family, was gone. He was my only connection besides the casket. He was my brother, and even though I barely remember, he was my childhood best friend. 

      "God of Mischief? Brother of Thor?" Erik dubiously mumbled.

       I hastily wiped at the tears and nodded, taking a deep breath.

     "This is confusing. Can you please explain what is going on?" Darcy said, demanding an explanation.

      My eyes met with each of theirs before they remained on Erik. "I am the lost princess of Asgard."

**

      It had been a few days since Loki's death and I've managed to cope with it. Surprisingly, Erik, Jane, and Darcy did not think I was delirious for claiming who I was. As a matter of fact, Erik confessed that he had his suspicions ever since going to a library and finding a book on Norse mythology. They believed me, and wanted to help me. The thing is I can't accept help unless I know what I need help with. All I know is that I've gained the powers I have today as a little child due to the casket of ancient winters, and was also connected to the tesseract that had been lost to Asgard centuries ago. I also knew that there was something -someone- out there, in another realm who knew how this had happened. It was just finding them that were the problem, and without Loki, I was lost. I had no answers.

    As I had promised, I returned to S.H.I.E.L.D's headquarters. This time, I brought Erik and Agent Coulson along with me. At the moment, they were gone as I walked beside Fury. It seems that since I've come clean, I've earned his respect and most importantly, his trust. "Miss Selvig, since we both know what you're capable of, I would be honored to have you as one of my agents here at S.H.I.E.L.D and for you to be part of a secret initiative, if you'd like to." Nick said, stopping to let me fully think this.

     Work at S.H.I.E.L.D? That didn't seem bad since I had no desire to return to school whatsoever. Just the thought of being there made me sick. Working at S.H.I.E.L.D meant that I'd have to move to New York, away from Erik. Would Erik follow me?

       "I would love to." I answered, not knowing what I was fully getting myself into.

        Nick Fury smiled. "Very well then, I will get two of my most trusted agents to train you."

        "Train me?"

        "Yes. If you're going to kick some ass, then you'll have to know more than the basics. You can't always rely on your powers," Fury explained.

         Kick some ass? What did that mean? I took a deep breath and nodded. "May I know the name of my 'trainers'?"

         "Agent Barton and Romanoff." He answered as he ushered me into his office where Agent Coulson and Erik sat, conversing amongst themselves. They both stopped once they noticed us. Erik smiled at me, and I smiled back, letting him know everything was okay.