Chapter 48

Keenon

Today was the day that Paige and Peyton came home. Arriving at the hospital, I looked at the manilla envelope holding the results of the DNA test I had done. I didn't know if I was ready for this but fuck it, I needed to know if this was my kid or not. Opening the envelope, I seen Paige being wheeled to the car so I shoved the results into the glove compartment. "Hey babe, can you help please?" I got out of the car, helped her in and fastened Peyton in before driving off. My eyes landed on Paige in the backseat looking out the window. I honestly couldn't wait to read that shit but then again, I felt like shit cause I snuck and did it without her blessing. When we pulled up in front of the house, I helped both of them in and went back to the car and sat. I opened the envelope up and read some of it. I didn't understand none of this shit. Why couldn't this shit be like on Maury. Its either I'm the father or not. I called Paige and told her I was going to my moms crib, which I did. Damn near running into the house, I slammed the results down seeing if she knew what it meant. She slid her glasses on and silently read to herself. She slammed the paper down and put her head down. My heart was beating so fast. I had to face that I was Peyton's daddy and shit. Suddenly, I heard laughter and saw tears. "Ma, what's so funny?" She just kept laughing and laughing. That shit was legit pissing me off. "Ma, quit laughing and tell me what's up." She wiped away her tears and showed me the results. Reading to myself, I seen it say it 99% that I wasn't the father. I laughed and quickly left, making my way back to the house. Opening the door, I grabbed Paige and shook her ass. "Bitch you gotta get the fuck outta here." Her eyes were like daggers and she was looking to pierce them into my heart. "Nigga, you gone put me and our daughter out? You a pussy!" I damn near smacked her stupid ass some sense in her head. "That ain't my daughter, you hoe!" I threw the results at her and she read them. She charged after me but I grabbed her once again. "Bitch get out!" When she refused, I went into the bedroom and started throwing her shit off the balcony. I didn't give a fuck about nothing anymore. She pleaded with me but I didn't wanna hear it. I was done with these trifling ass bitches. I looked down and seen the parking lot full with scattered clothing everywhere. Paige cried and confessed to me who the father was. My eyes widened and I was quickly disgusted. It didn't matter but all I know is she got the fuck on out.

Kendrick

Laying up in my hotel room, I was missing Lucy like crazy. I hate that I had to leave her but luckily Jaida was cool with her coming to the wedding. I understood where Lucy was coming from. She didn't really know Jai and she didn't want to impose on someone she didn't know. I was just glad Sherane's dirty ass wasn't on our flight. I suddenly heard a few knocks at the door so I went to answer it. I seen it was Jaida so I let her in. "What's up Jai? I wanna thank you for letting Lucy attend the wedding." She slightly smiled and accepted my thank you. "So Dot, where did she come from and where is your wife?" I smugly answered the last part. "I'm not married Jai and Lucy, well Lucy is my future." Her eyes widened to the news that I had just confessed. "Wait, I thought you and Sherane were happy and that you guys were having a baby." I got up and walked to the window looking out. "It's true about the baby but us being together, well that's over." I looked back and Jaida just snarled at me. "She cheated on me with her ex, Amber." Jai stood next to me and gave me a hug. "I never knew that. I'm so sorry Dot." "I mean I'm cool. I got a great girl on my team so I'm content. But let's talk about this quickie wedding. What's going on with that?" Jaida proceeded to tell me about how fast it came and how she was so excited but I could sense that she wasn't ready. "I'm so happy Dot. I found my soulmate and it's so amazing." "Can you honestly say you love him Jai? I just don't want you to get hurt like last time." "Dot, why is it so hard for everybody to accept that I'm in love? This is the man that will be my husband tomorrow. I just want everybody to accept the fact that I'm happy with Dante. More happy than ever." I sat and heard her out. It seems like she had her mind made up and that she was ready for this and I was happy for her. We both parted ways and I went to Q and Liyah's room to see if they wanted to go sightsee around the city but from what I heard was the bed constantly squeaking and Liyah moaning. I decided to go by myself. Making my way down the street, I was greeted by a few fans who recognized me. I signed a few autographs and took a few pictures before a familiar voice called out my name. "Kendrick? Kendrick Lamar?" I turned to see who it was and instantly I got sick. It was the bitch my soon to be ex wife cheated on me with. "What the fuck you calling my name for like we cool?" Amber stood in front of me and laughed. I swear I was against hitting women but this girl was asking for it. "What do you want?" I asked. "I just want to tell you to pass the message to our girl. Tell her the pussy was great but I'm not going to sneak around like this anymore." I confusingly looked at her as she smiled. "Anymore? This happened more than once?" "Yep! before you two eloped. I was all in that bed constantly but I'm out." She walked away and I envisioned her being hit by a car. I had to shake this shit. I was so pissed out but it didn't matter. I was so done with that bitch. I went back to the hotel and napped before Jai's rehearsal dinner.

Jaida

Tonight was the night before one of the biggest days of my life. Everything had to be absolutely perfect and in place. I stood on one side of the room and my eyes landed on Dante. I couldn't believe that I was so lucky enough to finally be his wife. He was a good man and he deserves everything, I just hope that I'm woman enough for him. Our wedding planner gathered the participants and explained how everything was going to go. I looked around and couldn't find Sherane anywhere which was so fucking weird. I pulled Liyah to the side and asked about her whereabouts. "Hey boo, where's Sherane at?" Liyah gave me her infamous shady face. "Well, she wasn't at the airport. Maybe she missed her flight?" I immediately became angry and walked away. This bitch missed her flight on 'accident?' That's complete bullshit. Come to think about it, Keenon wasn't here either. He usually texts me something disgusting and then let me know if he was here. Something weird was happening and I truly wasn't having it. I couldn't and wasn't going to worry about it. We were just going to make the best of a bad situation. "Okay Jaida, so you'll come in there and walk elegantly. Head held high and smiling." Walking down the aisle, I closed my eyes and envisioned everything. From reciting my vows to our first kiss as husband and wife. A few more practices, we all headed for the rehearsal dinner. I looked to see Dante's family were filling up the long but beautifully decorated table. I looked across the table and seen two empty chairs. I tried to not let it get to me but looking on the side, there were two additional seats that weren't filled. It dawned on me that my parents weren't in attendance either. As the waiters brought out our main course, I played around with my salad. I just wasn't in the mood anymore. Everything was just going wrong and I just wanted to go home and cry. Our friends and family all were in deep conversation and I just sat there, quiet and alone. After the dinner was finished, Liyah and I arrived at the hotel. Anticipating every step I made, we reached the room. "Are you ready Jaida?" I nodded and the door flew open. My closest friends and family were all there. I walked through the room and greeted everyone. Liyah sat me in the large suede chair and some of the finest men came out and greeted me in the freakiest way. One of them proceeded to pick my small frame up as the other grinded on me. Finally, this evening was getting better. I took a wad of cash out of my purse and made it rain as they gyrated against the floor. A few hours later and a few drinks, I was officially wiped out. Liyah just smiled at me and I threw a pillow, hitting her in the face. "Bitch, I should get up and whoop your almost married ass." I laughed and she quickly joined me on bed. We laid there and like best friends, we talked about everything. Liyah told me about becoming a model and I told her about my many job offers I received from different publishers. She quickly got emotional and so did I. We were literally 3,000 miles away from each other. It was if we were drifting apart from each other. "Jai, I'm gonna miss you so much and I don't want you to cry because you can't afford to have puffy eyes." I laughed and held Liyah's hand. "Liyah, I miss you too. I honestly do. I miss home." Liyah slightly smiled but I could see that this was really affecting her. "I know you do. Maybe Dante will move you guys back out there. That way, you can see Joy Joy growing up." I could see that the move here was something serious. I affected everybody in a way with it and it was wrong. Liyah kept dozing off and eventually fell asleep, leaving me to my thoughts. So many questions swarmed around my head like angry honey bees. The talk I had with Dot was also echoing in my head. "Was this the right thing? Am I ready for marriage? What if Dante gets tired of me?" It was so many concerns and questions but I found myself falling asleep thinking of them.