Chapter 22: Part 1

Two weeks later...

Jaida

Sitting in class, I noticed it was time for me to go check up on my little one. I called Keenon to let him know what time to meet me at the doctor's office. Of course he agreed to meet me there. I looked over at Liyah over on the other side of the room & rolled my eyes. That bitch was dead to me.

Getting in my car, I was stopped by Michael.

"Hey Jai, did you want me to come with you?"

"No I'm fine alone. Thanks anyways.

"See you at home?"

I nodded & he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I was so proud of Michael stepping up like how he was. I still didn't find myself fully attracted to him. It's something about him that has me wondering.

On my way there, I got a call from my father. I haven't talked to him since the whole engagement party bullshit.

"Hi daddy."

"Hey, how's my little girl?"

"I'm fine. Just on my way to the doctor's."

I haven't told him I was pregnant because I didn't want him to go after Keenon.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just a routine check up. No biggie."

"Okay. Probably within the next few weeks, I want you & your brother to fly with me to Detroit to see your mother."

"What did her lawyer say?"

"She was falsely accused & will be released next month."

I was so excited that my mother was getting out. I think she'd be more excited that she was gonna be able to meet her grandchild more. I hurried my dad off the phone & pulled in the packing lot.

Walking in, all I seen were pregnant women. They were all incredibly beautiful. The receptionist handed me papers to fill out. I sat next to this beautiful brown skinned woman.

"Hi can I ask you how far along you are?"

"I'm 8 months. And you?"

"I don't know. I'm here to find out. Is this your first?" I questioned.

"No this'll be my fourth. You must be a new mom." She giggled.

"Don't worry, you'll do fine. Are you & the father together?"

"No. Not anymore." I confessed.

"Well listen here, I don't even know you but I know you'll be a great mother to your baby."

The receptionist called the lady to the back. She gave me so much courage to be a great mom. After about 30 minutes, I was called to the back.

"Miss Hanley, the doctor should be seeing you soon."

I sat in the empty room by myself. I enjoyed the silence. In fact, it was the only silence I've gotten since the whole party fiasco. Hearing a knock on the door, I seen Keenon walk in. I laid back on the table as he sat next to me in the chair.

"Hi Jai."

"Hello Keenon."

"Where da doctor? I gotta get back to the studio soon."

"Wow Keenon, if you don't wanna be here, then fucking go! But don't expect me to notify you about upcoming appointments."

"Gahdamn Jaida, shut the fukk up."