Chapter 44

Jaida

Between flying back and forth from New York to California was so fucking exhausting, I don't think I've recovered from the jet lag from the last few times. I was excited for this photoshoot because it gave me a few days in California to visit my friends and family but most importantly cutting my sexual ties with Keenon once and for all. I was content with just being his friend and forgetting all of the hurt and pain he put me through last year. I sat and practiced what I was going to say to him before getting off the plane. I walked through the gate where I seen Q standing there. I ran up to him, hugging him tight. "Q! I missed you!" I said almost tearing up. "I missed you too baby." I missed my brother so much that the whole ride to his house, we talked. When we pulled up, he grabbed my bags and I strolled into the house to see Liyah and Joy. I immediately went into an emotional state of shock. I couldn't believe these dysfunctional ass folks made this beautiful baby girl. "Hi Joy Joy, I'm Auntie Jai." I picked her up and cuddled her against my smooth skin. I closed my eyes and imagined if this was KJ and opened them to see Joy was smiling up at me. "She loves you already Jai." Liyah spoke while sitting with Q. I smiled and handed Liyah back the baby while having a seat. "So has anybody spoken to Sherane and Kendrick? I want to tell them the news." "Tell us what?" Q inquired. I took a deep breath and told them the news. "I'm getting married. For real this time." Liyah and Q both looked at each other and laughed. It was a little disrespectful for them to laugh at me. "I'm serious! I'm getting married to Dante!" I showed them both the ring and they both got quiet. "Wow, so when is the wedding and where's my dress?" I fiddled with my fingers and showed her the bridesmaid dresses. "Well its in 6 weeks but I mean it's gonna be fun." Q looked at me and just stared like he was staring into my soul. "Jaida, you're my best friend and I love you but don't you think you're kinda rushing it?" "Well I mean it is coming fast, but he's ready and I'm somewhat ready. I just don't want to break his heart." "But Jai, last time you were supposed to be married, it was almost World War 3." "Yeah Q, that's when I found out you been fucking my best friend on the sneak. Look, I gotta go do this photoshoot and apparently I didn't drive so can somebody please take me?" I was so damn fed up with what everybody thought was the right thing for me. Hell, Dante is the right man for me. He cares about me in ways Keenon's ass wouldn't. The ride was silent as my eyes stayed glued to my phone. It was Dante sending me things about our wedding. For a minute, I thought he was doing too much but he was excited and so was I. I was ready to call him mine. Reaching the location, I thanked Liyah as she drove off afterwards. I know their interests were in the best place because it was true about my last engagement. I was an emotional wreck and stressed to the max which caused my miscarriage. I shot the models by the pool for about 30 minutes and they were all drop dead gorgeous. On break, I texted Keenon and asked if we could talk and surprisingly he agreed. About an hour later, we were finished for the day and I called a cab to make my way to Keenon's. I looked up at the building and it brought back memories both good and bad. This was our first home together and our last. I walked up the stairs in the building and overheard Jodeci's "Freek'n You" playing. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door and he answered after the third knock. "Jai, come in." I looked around and seen the drastic change in the place. It was beautifully decorated and nicely furnished. I took a seat on the couch and he sat beside me. "Uhhh was I interrupting something? Should I come back?" "Nah you good ba- I mean Jaida." I nervously smiled and explained to him why I was here. "So I wanted to talk to you because last time, I was kind of rude, ya know? I want to apologize, so I'm sorry for hurting you." He nodded and I felt some type of relief. I was expecting him to spazz on me again or something. "Jaida, I want to apologize for disrespecting your relationship with Ol Boy. I need to respect that you're his now." I smiled and hugged him tight. I missed our friendship so much, that I didn't want to let go. "Ol Boy? You mean Dante?" He laughed and rolled his eyes. "Yeah that nigga. But I am happy for yall." I gave Keenon a peck on the cheek. I didn't expect him to be so mature about the situation. "Here's an invitation to my wedding. I want you there with your girlfriend. Well, I prefer you bring a date cause you know, I kinda hate your baby mama." We both laughed and hugged each other but this time, we looked into each other's eyes. I nervously bit my lip as Keenon brushed his thumb across my cheek. I found myself nervous around him but I didn't understand why. We are just friends now. Nothing more, nothing less.