Chapter 6: Vacation Blues

The island was so beautiful, it made Nagisa's eyes glow with excitement. This was the prize, the perfect place for the assassination attempt on their teacher. And with the seven free shots and the rest of the plan they had in place, it would be a very rewarding victory.

Nagisa looked over his shoulder as he stepped onto the pier, feeling like someone was watching his every move. His blue eyes caught a familiar amber hue, but they weren't as warm as they could be. Instead, Karma's eyes were cloudy, cold, but masked to look normal as he stepped off the ship. He waved slightly and smirked, but the blue haired boy knew there was something up.

Karma slipped his phone out of his pocket, checking the screen one more time just to see if there were changes. Ritsu's mobile app was on, as it always was, but the vertical reality student didn't show up. He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I love you, Karma. Love- Ritsu.

"Hey..." Nagisa weaved his way over to Karma and put a hand on his arm. "You okay? You look distracted."

"I'm okay, Nagisa." Karma pocketed his phone and smirked a little.  "Though, your concern is nice. Think I can manage to get a little more than concern from you?"

Nagisa blushed a little and blinked. "Uh-"

"COME ON GUYS!" Kaeda shouted as she practically jumped off the boat and right between them, grinning ear to ear with excitement. "We have to go unpack! We got so many thing to do and so little time to do it! We have to hurry!"

"True." Karma sighed and shook his head, rubbing a hand on the girl's green hair and messing it up. "I almost forgot that this wasn't a relaxation vacation."

Karma walked ahead, careful not to bump into anyone as they walked off the docks and through the sandy beaches to get to the resort entrance. Nagisa watched him walk away, a worried feeling falling on his shoulders as he watched the red head walk like a puppy that had done something wrong. It wasn't like him to do that.

"Hey, Nagisa?" Kaeda touched Nagisa's arm gently, taking him out of his thoughts. "Why are you so worried about Karma? I know he's your oldest friend but... This is a little more than worrying about a friend."

Nagisa sighed a little, walking side by side with her as the rest of their E-Class group buzzed and chatted around them of either things they wanted to do while here or hushed whispers on finalizing what they could do for this plan. The blue haired boy didn't know what to say to this, and it didn't help that there were so many people around.

"I'll..." He started, holding his bag strap tighter. "I.... I'll tell you tonight. We need to focus on the mission first."

Kaeda gave a worried look, but nodded. He was glad she didn't pry into it, or else he wouldn't know what to say to any of this. There was this little piece of him that knew that what was on Karma's mind was probably due to what's happened over the past semester. Was he getting doubts about the plan? Was he still soar about the grades? Did something happen to him the days before taking the trip?

Nagisa remembered the kiss Tomohito gave him that day and blushed. Had Karma....? No. Nagisa shook the rest of the thought from his mind. Karma wouldn't spy on him. He's not a stalker.

"By the way..." Nagisa felt an arm wrap around his shoulders and he looked at the smug faced girl grinning like a cat at him. "So Bitch-sensei was your first kiss, and Tomohito was your second, I hear?"

"Uh, well...." Nagisa blushed brightly and rubbed the back of his head.  "Not exactly."

"Then spill the beans!" She grinned, pulling him closer. "Come on! I need to know! I'm one of your best friends, aren't I?"