Chapter 3: Strike Out

Karma stuffed his hands in his pockets as he walked to the train platform alone. His eyes were downcast slightly as he ran through every problem on the exam sheets like it was the key to solving all world problems. How had he messed up so badly? 81% on his math exams? He had gotten straight 100%s on all his last tests, he was confident that this would only be a cakewalk like last time.

No.

No, it wasn't the same. The questions were even harder, conundrums even. He should have studied as much as the others had instead of just drifted as much as he did. And the humiliation of Koro Sensei pointing it all out to him and how everyone had done better than their best this time around. But, what could he do about it now?

Nothing at all. That's what. It was done, it was over with, no mulligan and no redoes. Only think he could do was just look forward to the beach trip coming up and the assassination at hand.

This was going to be the turning point, this was going to never happen again. No one would get the drop on him like this again. No one. He wouldn't make the same mistake.

He sighed, running his hand through his red hair. The embarrassment still ate at him, and that wasn't going to go away anytime soon. As if he would ever live this down.

"Karma?"

Karma's amber eyes shifted to his pocket, where a little Ritsu seeming to hold onto the side of his pant's pocket in chibi form and looking like a little adorable purple haired Lolita. She made it seem like she was sad, her big eyes looking up at him in concern. It only lowered his pride even more.

"Karma, are you okay?"

"Leave me alone." He dug his hand into his pocket more as if it would help shut her up, but it only made her yelp. His hand jolted out of his pocket, the phone clasped in his fingers, and he looked at the screen. "Wow, you okay?!"

She nodded, smiling as she tilted her head sideways in a child like smile."All good. Just needed to get your attention somehow."

He rolled his eyes. "Well, you seem to be in a happy mood."

"I got some new info from Nagisa's portable Ritsu app."

Karma's eyes widened. "Wait what? You can just hack his phone from anywhere using your imported data?"

"To a degree." Her face turned pale with blue shades over her eyes and foreheads as three blue lines formed to the side of her head and she looked away. "Trust me, it's a curse. You do not want to know what is on Taiga's phone and what he hangs in his room. The horrors."

Karma smirked a bit, leaning on a piller as a train sped by, but not the right train going to his station. "Oh? And what has my little spy girl dug up off our target's phone."

"I was able to turn on the video setting so that you could see for yourself." Ritsu jumped up and pulled something down from the top screen. "It's easier that way anyway."

Karma watched as Ritsu disappeared down bellow his screen and the video took full screen. He saw the side view from Nagisa's backpack, Karma recognized the the netted pattern of his bottle pocket. It was facing the door, where Nagisa and Tomohito were standing. Tomohito was blocking the doorway, a big blush on his face. The audio was crap but the reactions said it all.

Tomohito was asking him out. But he couldn't see Nagisa's face, and that pissed Karma off to no end. What was he thinking? What was going on? Was he actually going to go out with him? Was-

"Oops!" Ritsu appeared suddenly, the pause in the video seeming normal enough. "I forgot to enhance audio. Sorry!"

Karma sighed. "It's okay, it was just a confession-"