Chapter 4: Buggy Backfire

"Hey, Nagisa!"

Nagisa blinked  a few times, realizing he had stopped midway down the street to the train station. Hiroto Maehara, the class 'playboy' with bright orange to blond hair, smiled sheepishly back at him. Next to him was Tomohito Sugino and the class perv Taiga Okajima, both looking really tired from their day of bug hunting and the attempted porn trap on Koro Sensie. All three of them looked a little concerned, turning to face him a little while the cars drove by on their ways home or where ever they were heading. Even the bright green eyed Hinano Kurahashi, who was still holding that big grin on her face as she carried her rare albino Miyama stag beetle in her little carry round bug box, stopped skipping ahead of them and turned around to see why all of the boys had stopped.

"You okay, Nagisa?" Hiroto looked a little worried, looking Nagisa up and down a little like he was making sure he wasn't going to fall over. "You hardly ate your ice cream, and you spaced out. You getting sick?"

"No." Nagisa said quickly, rubbing the back of his head. "I just have a lot on my mind I guess."

"Is it the fact that Karma hasn't been talking to any of us this week?" Tomohito asked, his eyes darkening a little. "Or you just thinking about the assassination tactic?"

"Both." The lady ahead of them said, sliding to a stop and twirling around to face them. "Nagisa always is thinking! He just can't stop thinking about how to get sempai to notice him."

Nagisa's cheeks went dark and he tried to laugh that off. "Haha, very funny Hinano. But I was actually thinking about what we just learned." All of them gave him a look of confusion. "You saw how he bribed us to keep quiet about what we saw. He doesn't want his image to be tainted by what we saw. What would happen if we used that to our advantage during the assassination?"

"Like blackmail?" The black haired perv asked. " 'Either you stand still or we tell the school you were reading porn on the side of the mountain!' ? I don't think that will work Nagisa."

"Not blackmail." Hiroto said slowly, a sudden spark of understanding crossing his face. "You want to use this to go at him mentally! Cloud his mind with the woes of having his students see such a side of him that it would make it easier to destroy him! That's brilliant Nagisa!"

"Uh" Nagisa shrugged, looking a little confused. "Thanks? But you guys kind of came up with that on your own."

"Yeah" Tomohito slung an arm around the blue haired boy's shoulders, smirking as he pulled Nagisa a little closer to him. "but you were the one to suggest we use what we know."

"We can get Kōki Mimura to do a whole tape!" Hinano squealed, jumping up and down. "We can dig up every dirty thing that he wouldn't want us to see and just completely degrade him into dust he'll want us to kill him!"

"Yeah!" Hiroto grinned, whipping out his cell phone and going into his contacts. "Let me give him a call and see if he can start on it now!"

"But all we have are the porn mag photos." The blue haired boy started to say but was completely ignored as the three started calling up the other classmates to see what they could dig up and add to the new project to go along with the assassination. Nagisa sighed.

"Hey" Tomohito smiled, ruffling Nagisa's hair lightly. "It's not too bad. We can get the rest by the time we go to the island. And hey, you had a really good idea." The baseball star paused a second and looked sideways at the blue haired boy under his arm. "But we both know you were thinking of something else."

Nagisa blushed and sighed, knowing that Tomohito was going to force it out of him eventually. Slowly slipping a little closer, Nagisa whispered to Tomohito. "Why did you really invite me along for bug catching? I understand that your a city kid and you wanted to try, but I can't help feeling that there was another reason."