Chapter 22

ATTENTION! I AM ON VACATION AND WILL BE IN A PLACE WITH ZERO INTERNET ACCES STARTING TOMORROW. SO YEAH IM STAYING IN THIS BEAUTIFUL CABIN IN THE WOODS IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. SO YEAH I LOVE YOU ALL :) SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!

This chapter is dedicated to Lyndsey, Skye, Hallie, and Savannah :) Because they have been so amazingly supportive through all of this:)

**************************************************************

JAMES' POINT OF VIEW

I woke up to find my self sleeping on a hospital floor. Why was I in the hospital? And especially why was I on the floor? Then it all came flooding back to me. The party, the wreck....Everything. I stood up to see her sleeping body on the hospital bed. She looked awful.. Cuts were everywhere and I'm pretty sure some bones were broken. My breath hitched. She coul've died, and it was all because of me. I felt the hot liquid start to run down my cheeks. My thoughts were filled with guilt and total regret. I want Jenny out of my life for good. I will personally pay for her to be transfered across the state. Tears at this point were flowing freely from my eyes and I didn't even notice a warm pair of arms wrap around my shoulders. Liz, Jane's mom was behind me and I could feel the tears trickiling down her face. I turned to face her and found out that my suspicions were right. We all have shed too many tears lately...That party, it was supposed to be fun, cause some smiles. Sadly, that didn't happen really...Now we're all here. I'ts all my fault, everything that happened. It's just all my fault and there's nothing I can do to change it.  

"James, " Liz said, "You know, the funeral is today," she choked out between sobs.  My own mothers funeral is today...My brain felt numb. I wont have Jane for a shoulder to cry on, even though I'm crying like a baby right now. All the sadness I bottle up just seems to be released at times like this. I love Jane and because of me, she's going to probably be in a wheelchair or something, just like I was. 

"She woke up earlier." Liz said, " She's been drifting on and off out of sleep all day. Maybe try talking to her, and she'll wake to the sound of your voice." 

"I guess I can try, " I said softly. 

"There's some spirt James. I'll pick you up soon so you can come back to the house to get ready, alright? I'm going to go and catch up on some sleep."

Oh, right. The funeral. I didn't want to wrap my head around that, so I walked over to wear Jane was peacefully sleeping. Even with the messed up hair, bruises,and cuts, she still looked beautiful. I pulled up a chair and held her delicate, little hand, in mine.  My tears flowed silently down my cheeks and I started to talk to her. "Well, Jane, I'm not sure where to start. I guess I should start with an apology. I'm so so so sorry. It's all my fault any of this happened to you. I shouldn't of let it happen. I should've known that she would do something like this but I was too self centered to care at that moment because I wanted some fun back in my life. I failed to realize that anywhere I go with you Is fun just because you're there, and I truly love you. Jane, I want to spend the rest of my life with you and give you that little girl that you want. I want to be able to hold you and kiss you whenever I want and come back from work to our home knowing that I still have you and I havent lost you. Jane, I don't want to lose you. I know I'm sounding so cheesy, but we both are suckers  for cheesy stuff. Your mom thinks I could be your prince charming and wake you up with my voice, but that probably won't be happening. Jane, I love you and I hope one day, you accept this apology...Even though you can't here me. I'll recite it over and over again." I planted a light kiss on her lips, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. It felt really good to say all of that out loud. When looking back at Jane, I noticed something near her eyes, they were tears.. She blinked her eyes open and looked at me.  "James," She managed to croak out. I Was in pure shock, because I'm not sure how long she's actually been awake. " I-I love you too." She stutttered. "You're forgiven. Get me out of this hospital. Now." She ordered. Same old Jane, always wanting to move around. "James, I feel like I've been hit with a front-loader. I'm pretty sure I have several broken bones, but I want out."