Chapter 4

*Bhairavi Pov*

I continued to fight the soldiers as much as I can without regard of the feeling of dizziness enveloping me again, but I cannot walk out of it accepting my defeat.

"Lass you need to put down your sword. Otherwise, you will be executed." I heard a booming voice from behind me.

"Who are you?" I questioned the man who is threatening me with my life, but asking me to put my sword down, which would definitely harm me in a more brutal way from all these men.

"I am Alastair. The future ruler of Nadir." He replied making me release a snort in an unladylike way.

"If you believe that you have the ability to become a King then defeat me." I challenged him while thinking about the place Nadir about which I have never heard from my Father.

Hearing my words, all the soldiers stalled the fighting and stepped away from us. I frowned but took a breath pleading myself to not let any dizziness get near me.

"You are challenging me? A mere weak woman is challenging me?" He questioned which sounded like he is questioning himself.

"Scared?" I questioned him turning around to see a built warrior with a questioning expression on his face.

"You! You got the effects of liquid sooner than everyone. You are that weak girl." He mumbled and I frowned when I heard the word 'Liquid'.

"Why are you still here when I gave your acquaintances the permission to take you with them? And why did you take the life of King Ramsey?" He questioned with the rage covering his face.

"Because he need to be killed." I replied forwarding the sword.

"I do not fight with a lass." He mumbled stepping back.

"But I do fight with the kings who have no right to be a King." I mumbled stepping forward.

"You are making a grave mistake." He uttered glaring at me.

"I am saving the people of Nadir from a ruler who knows only to win by backstabbing." I retorted and a heard a laugh from a man who turns out to be the person from whom I took the sword from.

"You asked for it." He said and started the fight with me.

Everything was going well for the first five minutes, but in a second I felt myself falling on the ground with the blackness enveloping me.

Before I could feel myself on the ground I felt hands around me and saw the arrogant man holding me with my eyes slowly closing.

*Alastair Pov*

I stared at the girl in my arms and saw that she lost her consciousness. Then I glanced around to see everyone staring at us with bewilderment.

"What just happened?" I questioned my men who have the same look.

"Does anyone know her?" I asked the left people of the Kingdom and the soldiers belonging to Ramsey but no one has the knowledge about her.

"Why don't you figure it out while we continue to send the people to their locations?" Galvin said who is my second in command.

"You do that." I mumbled lifting up the woman completely into my arms and walked towards the ship while my horse followed my steps.

"From whom did she got the sword?" I questioned the few men who are following me.

"From me!" Colton replied with a frown who is my third in command.