8. In other words that was fantastic

Start from the beginning

"Can I have a ride to your father's company and I'll explain everything in the car?" My mom exclaimed.

"Sure." Dante scratched his head in confusion and Chris patted his back.

"Told you it was some freaky shit."

With that we all slowly walked to the car, but I avoided any eye contact with anyone.

*************************

"A week ago, I met Luke O'Connor, Chris' dad. You see he and I were married twenty years ago, our first child was Chris. We thought we were in love with each other and we had everything everyone wanted. Some fame, money, family . . . love. I thought my life with him was only getting better as I soon found out I was pregnant again a month after Chris' birth. I told Luke this and he seemed ecstatic, but I could tell he wasn't happy. Slowly, every day he came later and later than usual, sometimes he didn't come home at all and said he was on business trips and meetings so he had to stay behind. I trusted him and believed him but that all changed. I too had been on a business trip to promote my new line of clothing and I came a day early to surprise him but instead he surprised me . . ."

I could see my mom was on the brink of tears and falling apart. I shuffled closer to her as we both were sitting in the back, with Dante driving and Chris in the passenger seat.

"Mom, it's ok. I'm here for you and always will be." I rubbed my mom's back and hugged her, tears swelling up in my eyes too.

My whole life, I wanted to know who my dad was, what he did and why he left us and now I was going to find out.

"W-what happened a-after that?" Chris asked his voice cracking up.

My mom took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "He was in bed with another woman."

"WHAT?" Dante, Chris and I shouted in unison.

Dante accidentally hit the brakes too and the car came to a sudden halt causing it to turn off. We all slammed forwards but thankfully no injuries or harm was done.

"Sorry." Dante twisted the key and the car roared back to life.

"It turned out he had been cheating on me since the birth of Chris and I knew I had to divorce him as it was clear he didn't care about me and Haley at the time. But the time the day of the court session had arrived he had run away with Chris and not even left a letter." It was at this point that my mom had officially burst into tears and crying her eyes out.

Her face was now red and puffy, she was breathing heavily and her head was in the palm of her hands. I could feel my heart being torn out and being cut into pieces. No one wants to see their mother cry and if they do they go through hell because the woman who brought them into life was now upset.

"I swear to god, if I ever see my dad . . . sorry I meant, if I ever see Luke again I will tear his limbs apart and rip his head off and get the world's fattest person to sit on him and suffocate him. That bastard always told me we had a rough upbringing and we had no choice but for the family to spilt up." Chris ranted, obviously his anger rising and rising.

I was actually surprised. I thought he wouldn't had believed my mom and would have ranted at her, cursing at her. But instead, he did trust my mom and he was against his own dad.

"So, what's going to happen now?" I finally plucked up the courage to speak in this tense and difficult conversation.

"Well, we finally went to the court and the judge said I have complete custody of Chris and you, as he isn't a fit enough father and also due to previous charges." My mom continued to explain.