Prologue:

"No! I'm not going!" I scream at the top of my lungs, my mother angrily staring at me, her face red from how much we've been yelling.

"Yes you are! You're coming with me to Kalos! You aren't staying here with your wretched father! This is part of the divorce, moving to Kalos." She starts to calm, hoping I would too, but I'm too angry to stop.

"YOU are going to Kalos. I am staying here, where I'm going on a journey with my best friends. Brendan and May are leaving tomorrow, and so am I." I snarl, turning on my heel and stomping out of my house, hoping to get away from my mother.

"You're leaving all right, leaving to Kalos!" She follows me, her face still red even though she isn't screaming as much. I turn around and face her, my face covered with anger.

"Who says I'm going with you?! I'm staying with Dad in Petalburg. I'll go to May's Dad's Gym everyday to train." I boldly step forward, before turning and marching to Brendan's house, who always knows how to comfort me.

"Ah, Zeke! How nice to see you! Brendan and May are both upstairs. Have fun dear." Brendan's Mom smiles, waving me up the stairs as I walk in, immediately knowing my destination.

"Zeke! You okay?" May rushes up to me, wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me in for a hug.

"Mom is making me leave to Kalos with her because she left Dad. Now I have to leave and can't go on a Journey with you guys." I growl angrily, pulling out my only Pokeball, which contains my partner.

"Torchic, c'mon out bud." I let out my energetic fire-type, who immediately nuzzles me as he comes out. May squeals at his cuteness and pats him on the head.

"Can't believe I found him in the wild." I whisper, petting my best Pokemon friend before pulling my two human friends in a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you guys. I should start packing and try to avoid another argument with my Mom. Here's my Holo Caster number. I'll call your PokeNav's and talk to you guys every now and then." I stand up and start to walk out, Torchic on my shoulder.

"W-wait!" May runs up to me and spins me around, wrapping me in a tight hug that deprives me from most of my air, then hands me a Pokeball that has a black surface with red lines around it.

"It's a Luxury Ball. The Pokemon you catch with it will become more friendly towards you. Stay safe. We'll miss you." They both wave goodbye and I walk home, dusk just now settling in.

I march in, returning Torchic and marching straight up to my room, locking the door behind me regardless of my Mom's protests. I slowly pack all my belongings into boxes and put them in one corner of the room I used to call my own. I quickly settle down on a air mattress for the night before drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

~The Next Day~

"Zeke, get up. We gotta go." My mother's agitated voice rings out from the other side of my door and I slowly get up, getting dressed and ready to go to Kalos, where I'll be starting my Journey immediately.

"Mach. Champ." The mover's Pokemon grab a bunch of boxes and quickly loading them up into the delivery truck. I crossly get into the front of the truck, my mother to my right and the driver to my left.

"We'll be taking a plane to Kalos. Lumiose City to be precise." My Mom tries to start a conversation, to which I quickly shoot down.