Hotel Cortez ♠

* In advance - I didn't really do my research on what gender Liz was preferred as, as I didn't pay much attention to the show. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of American horror story, just Hotel wasn't it's best, so before I keep getting anymore comments on how I'm offending people by putting a 'he' instead of a 'she' I'm sorry. I mean if I had the time, I'd definitely go through all my chapters and change it, but my life doesn't revolve around wattpad, I have more important things to worry about, such as my Gcse's, so I'd appreciate it if you'd just let this slide. Thanks X

..........................................

Stepping out the unusual yellow cab I look up to the tall hotel.
'Hotel Cortez'
The hotel stuck out like a sore thumb and the bright lettering made you feel like you were in the 1920's.

The cab driver quickly took all my bags out the cab and drove off in a flash. My eyebrows furrowed, that was strange right? I unzipped my big coat and and put my 2 duffle bags on each shoulder and got hold of my my big suitcase and dragged it to the big doors of the hotel.

Opening them I was hit with a wiff of alcohol and cigar smoke. How foul. Not a good first impression!
I made my way towards the desk to see know one there. I rung the bell and waited patiently. I looked around me, a big escalating stair case, an old fashioned elevator. Know one in sight, only a slight noise of my feet tapping against the floor, I plucked my lips and then clicked my tongue.

" Can I help you miss?" an older women came out the room. She had big square glasses and grey short hair. She was a small plump women with a stern face. Seemed like she constantly had a frown on her face.

"Oh yes, I'm checking in. I booked a room last week" I replied politely with a little smile.
Her face remained the same.

" Name? " She said plainly.
My face dropped due to her rudeness.

"Lorna. Lorna White" I say while mocking her stern face and accent.
She rose her eyebrow and her lips went up the slightest.
But she turned round quickly and looked for my key.

"Okay your is number 63. By the way my names Iris. Need me, I'm usually here... Liz! She shouted harshly.
Iris, quite a nice name for a miserable women like herself.
Soon enough a woman came through the door. She had on cleopatera like eyeliner, and messily applied blue eyeshadow and slight pink lipstick. She was observing his long manicured red nails as he stepped through the door. She long black cardigan dragged along the floor over his thing white top and black pants, thankfully he had normal pumps on.

"Take Miss White to her room. Number 63 " Iris informs liz.
Liz looks at me up and down, and pulls up one of her well manicured and does that 'come with me' look and points towards the elevator.
I go to grab my suitcase, but liz takes it off me and walks towards the elevator. I sigh and pull my duffle bags over my shoulder even more and catch up with her.

As I step in, the door closes and i start to feel awkwardness in this claustrophobic space. I tap my foot and look at the ceiling and once again clicked my tongue.

"What's a pretty face like yours doing here hm?" liz says snapping me out my weirdness.

"I'm just a journalist just in need of somewhere to stay. Hoping to become an author I guess" I say shyly
She looks at me surprised.

"Thought you'd be a model or somethin hun. I'd die for hair like yours girl!" She dramatically explained. I let out a big laugh and through my head back. The doors open and he quickly goes out. I follow behind him.
The corridor felt weird, I shiver went up my spine. The white walls held many secrets and only god new what was going on in each room while the walls rattled and faint moans and squels were heard.
" What the fuck" I muttered to myself, liz looked at me and snickered.
I rolled my eyes and pulled my coat tighter to my body as cold chills roamed through the corridor.
Liz stopped.

"Here you go honey, come down if you need something" She says while chucking the keys up in the air expecting me to catch them. Which I just barely did, they jumbled around in my hand as I nearly dropped them.

I sat up again, looking up to see liz with an eyebrow raised.
"Okay I'll leave you now, bye bye" She
says he says while turning around and waving to me.

I turned to my door. But I feel more intrigued to the one on my left. The door was slightly open, I wanted to go and have a look inside but I resisted the urge and opened my own door aggressively. A slam caught my attention and i slowly made my way out again backwards and looked back to the room on my left. The door was now shut. I looked around weirdly and went back in to my room shutting the door. Not caring about anything else I just jumped on my bed not caring about the weird feeling I was getting staying in this hell hole.