The beginning

Edited

October 24, 2009
Dan's P.O.V

Hello! My name is [Dan] and I'm your normal 16 year old boy. Well not completely normal. I don't exactly act like or wear what a boy normally wears. I like wearing pink, blue, purple, yellow, any color but black. Don't make fun of me but my normal outfit consists of a white button up shirt, pastel sweater, in the summer/spring a pastel skirt and in the winter/ fall pastel pants. I also wear matching converse and flower crowns. Yeah, I know. I'm a disgrace to the male kind by dressing like this. But I'm comfortable like this. What else? Oh.

I'm gay.

"Dan! Hurry up and get ready! School starts in an hour!" Dad calls.

"Okay dad!" I yell back and go to my closet. I grab a pastel pink skirt, white button up, and a pink skirt, I put them on along with matching pink high top converse and a pink flower crown. I then walked into my bathroom and put on some perfume before grabbing my bag and running downstairs.

Downstairs was my dad who was eating. I walked down and he smiled at me. Normally when your son asks to go the the mall and comes home wearing a skirt you'd be upset and pretty pissed but my dad was quite the opposite of what is 'normal' he's been okay with what I've been doing since mum's died.

"Hello Daniel." Dad said and I sat down in front of the plate of eggs, bacon, and pancakes.

"Hi Dad!" I said before eating. Soon I was done waiting and was currently skipping to school. For some reason I have a good feeling about today. I started humming a BvB song.

"Hey gaylord!" A voice called.

'Crap...' I thought and slowly turned around to see the black haired, blue eyed boy walk to me.

"Yes?" I squeaked and he pushed my down into a mud puddle. It splashed and made my pink skirt all brown and yucky, it also splashed on my sweater as well. I could feel the tears go down my face as Alex and his gang laughed at me before walking away. I let the tears fall as I sat in the puddle covered in mud and tried to wipe my tears away that just kept coming.

"Are you alright?!" A northern voice asked. I looked up and saw a boy that had black hair similar to mine with blue in his fringe to match his piercing blue eyes. He had a couple piercings and his arms were covered in tattoos. He was wearing all black and had his hand out. I took it and he helped me up.

"T-Thanks." I said and he laughed.

"What are you being so shy about? Hey, why don't I get you a new outfit for the one that got ruined. I saw what those boys did to you. If I only got here sooner I would have been able to save your outfit pretty boy." He said and i blushed.

"You don't have to do that! I'll just go home and change." I offered but he declined

"I insist. Please?" He asked.

'Hmm. Dad would question why I'm covered in mud. And why should I pass up this opportunity to get a new outfit. Wait. Did he call me pretty?'

"S-Sure! Let's go." I said and grabbed his hand before walking to my favorite store.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello Dan! How are you?" Samantha asked.

"I'm good!" I said and she looked up to see me covered in mud. She put down the notebook and walked towards me.

"What happened!? Did he do that to you?" She asked and pointed to the mysterious punk guy that helped me out.

"No! He offered to buy me a new outfit. Some jerk pushed me in a mud puddle." I said and she smiled.

"Hey pretty boy! You want a skirt right? How about this one?" Speak of the devil and he shall come. I turned around and saw a pretty pale yellow skirt that stopped and inch or to above my knees.

"Ooh. It's pretty! Samantha do you have a sweater that goes with that skirt?" I asked. She looked at the skirt and ran away only to return with a mint green button up shirt.

"Try it on!" She said and I laughed before taking the shirt and skirt.

"Oh! My name is Dan." I say to the mysterious boy.

"Phil." He replies and I walk to the changing room. I strip off the muddy clothes and put on the brand new outfit. I walked out and saw that Phil & Samantha were talking. I called Phil's name and he turned to look at me.

"Give me a twirl." Phil said with a smile. I spun around and the skirt went up a little. I stopped and looked at the two for approval. "Amazing."

"You look beautiful Dan!" Samantha said and I blushed.

"T-Thanks" I said and grabbed my muddy clothes. Phil & I walked to the counter and we payed for the outfit. I took my backpack from Phil, who I just noticed had it, and put it on. I took out my phone as we walked around and my eyes widened as I saw the time.

"F*ck!" I yelled.

"What?! Are you okay Dan?" Phil asked worried.

"No I am not okay. I missed the first three periods. I'm late for school. If my dad saw me out here, with you, he'd think in skipping and I'll be in soo much trouble!" I said.

"It's okay. Dan calm down. Why don't we go to my place and you can go home once school is over. I'll call your school and say I'm your big brother that you're sick." He said as we walked. I instantly recognize the street and realize he lives on the same street. Dad will most likely see me. We walked around the corner and saw a couple ambulances in front of a house. My house. I let go of Phil's hand and covered my mouth as I tried not to cry.

"What? Dan what's wrong?" Phil asked and I pointed to my house. He saw and I broke into tears.

"Let's go see what's wrong. Do you want to come out stay here and I'll see what's up?" Phil asked and I just shook my head yes. He hugged me before running to the other side of the street and talked to a police officer and walked back over looking sad.

"What? Is he okay? Tell me he's okay." I begged as Phil stood in front of me he bent down and hugged me.

"Dan... Your dad is... dead. He was shot and a neighbor came over and called 999. They rushed over but were too late." He said and I could literally feel my heart break into a million peices. My whole family.... Dead. Mom, Dad, everyone. Dead....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So how was it?