Chapter Twenty: The Monster Mess

20) chugs Monster drinks when upset about his life. Then becomes an even more upset, somewhat hyper, mopey mess and won't do anything the rest of the day. (Be ready to take care of him.)

Josh's life doesn't always go the way he wants it to. Girls break up with him. He fights with his siblings. He gets a bad grade on a test every once and a while. Occasionally he'll do something really stupid with his friends. He gets one or two parking tickets. His life isn't perfect. But face it, is anybody's?

But Josh handles life's difficulties differently than you think he would. He chugs multiple cans of Monster energy drinks.

It's not good for you, especially when you don't need extra energy. And let's just say that Josh finds these imperfections in his life quite often.

I came home from visiting my mom one day to find Josh lying on the couch. About four empty cans of Monster littered the ground around him. He had one half full can in his hand and I spotted several on the counter in the kitchen.

"Josh..." I approached him and attempted to remove the can from his grasp. And geez, he had a strong grip.

I eventually managed to pry his fingers off of the cold metal. Then I had to clean up the rest of his mess. The empty cans went in the recycling. The full ones went on top of the refridgerator. I knew that in the state he was in, he would not easliy reach those cans.

I sat on the ground and held his hand. He was bouncing his leg up and down and the hand I was holding was trembling slightly.

"Josh, what's going on?" I asked.

A big fat crocodile tear rolled down his cheek.

"Corey and I got in a fight." He whined.

He and Corey were really close and I knew how important their relationship was to Josh. Josh looked up to Corey, just like all younger siblings look up to their older siblings. When Corey and Josh got in a fight, which wasn't often, it was usually over something major. I didn't press for details. I just accepted the general statement.

Josh broke down and sobbed. I held him close to me and let his tears soak through the shoudler of my tee. It was hard for me to see him like this. Like me, he wasn't very open with his emotions.

Throughout the course of the day, I tried several tactics to occupy Josh's mind. Watching TV. Playing games (card and board games). Reading. Coloring. Drawing. Painting. Anything really. He didn't want to do any of it. He just wanted to sit and mope. And I guess I was okay with that, whatever made him feel better. I just hated to see him like this.

A/N: I decided to show a little bit of a softer, more exposed side of Josh. What did you think? It might not be my best chapter, but I think it might be one of the good ones. Thanks for reading y'all. Until next time...

Disclaimer: I do not own Monster or the Girl Meets World characters. They were just important components that I incorporated into my story.

Follow, vote, comment.