Chapter Four: Height Taunts

4) Too. Tall! And makes fun of your height, especially when you can't reach the upper cabinets and shelves.

I had just moved some of my things in and was preparing to meet my new roommate. I was perched on the edge of my bed, thinking about the odds of it being someone I knew. Highly unlikely. Like out of the hundreds to thousands of students attending NYU, I knew maybe 7. Not even that many. And as I was thinking about this Josh Matthews walks through the door.

"You?" He asked in disbelief, "Maya?"

"Josh... What are you doing here?" Why was he here?

"I'm your roommate, supposedly."

NYU was trying out this new system where for at least one of their years, a girl and a guy have to room together. Kinda lame, but kinda cool at the same time.

"Oh no..." The odds, as slim as they were, were not in my favor. My new roommate just had to be Josh?

"Well, shortstack..." and height insult number one of a million...

"Really?"

"I'm sorry... Would you prefer shortstuff? Shortie? Pipsqueak? What do ya wanna be called?" He asked. I was always getting made fun of because of my height. It's not my fault I'm stuck at five foot two. That's my parents' fault. They gave me the shortness genes.

Weeks later, I was struggling to reach an upper cabinet in the kitchen. Josh ended up having to get the drink powder down for me. But I came with a cost... I haven't heard the end of the height jokes. And I believe there is still plenty more to come...

A/N: I know... it wasn't very long or very good... just wait until some of the later chapters. They're gonna get good. I promise. Just stick with me and something will come out good in the end. And keep in mind, this is my first fanfiction. I'm open to all sorts of comments and criticism, so let me know how I'm doing. Until next time...

Disclaimer: I don't own the Girl Meets World characters. Disney does.

Follow, vote, comment.