Chapter Thirty-Six: Jealous Much?

36) gets oddly jealous and defensive when you mention running into exes

I went out shopping with Riley at our favorite store, Demolition. I needed new clothes. I had ripped and stained a lot of my t-shirts and decided it was just time for new ones. So we took a shopping spree. We would never forget the time that we walked into that store and shouted "I'd like to sell all my clothes please!" That was a mistake never to be made again.

Anyways, we walked in and headed straight for the shirts when I thought I heard a familiar voice. I looked all around me and saw no familiar faces, so I figured it was all in my head. We continued to sift through piles of shirts and I heard the voice again. This time, I found the source. I whirled around and came face to face with my ex, Chris. What was he doing here?

"Hey Maya! I saw that you were here so I thought that I would pop by to say hey!" He said overly enthusiastically. How did I ever date him?

"And goodbye!" I waved right up in his face and turned back around.

Riley and I spent a few more hours in Demolition, buying a lot more than just shirts, before going home.

When I got back to my apartment, Josh came to the door to help me with all my bags, giving me a quick peck on the cheek before anything else.

"How was your shopping trip? See anybody you know?" He asked.

"Actually I ran into Chris..." I rolled my eyes.

"Your ex?" Josh seemed to be turning green with envy.

"Yep. He's so lame. How did I ever date him?" I crinkled my nose in disgust.

"Don't know." Josh seemed to freeze over and become suddenly, oddly jealous.

"Josh... Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yup. Totally fine." He answered sarcastically.

"No you're not. What's wrong?" I pressed.

"I hate the fact that you have to mention running into exes. It makes me think that you still have a thing for them."

"Well you asked. And besides, what difference does it make to you anyway?" It's not like we're dating. We only kissed. That's it. Nothing else.

"Maya, I like you. Like... Like like you. In that way..." He stammered.

I remained silent. Honestly, he had left me speechless. I didn't know what to say or how to respond nonverbally. The only thing I could think of was to close the distance and kiss him again.

Josh responded positively. He slid his hands down my sides to my thighs, picked me up, and sat me on his waist. One hand remained on the thigh and the other snaked up my back.

"Maya..." He breathed once we pulled apart.

"It's okay, Josh. I think I like you in that way too."

A/N: yes that Chris guy is the same one I used in a previous chapter. And what do you think of them kissing again or that mysterious cliff hanger? Okay, so it's not really a cliff hanger. But it leaves you wondering what's gonna happen between them next. So close enough. Let me know what ya think. Just leave me a comment.

Disclaimer: Demolition, Riley, Josh, and Maya are all products of Disney. Chris is mine. Mine I tell you mine!!! But as for the others.... Nah...

Follow, vote, comment.