Chapter 3 Start of a New Day????

Start from the beginning

"Look," Sam spoke up trying quickly to get her seat belt on before they were wrapped around one of many irate telephone poles whizzing by her passenger window at an all too consuming blur of speed. "I made it through life in one piece even with several military battles under my belt. I even survived those same battles in some armored battle buggies so I am not all too keen in returning too the hospital anytime soon!" Sam had one hand tightly clamped on a seat belt strap the other clamped white knuckle on the leather dash in front of her.

Jim laughed lightly never taking his eyes off the road nearly rear ending a car that appeared out of no where in front of the SUV. Some how beyond even Sam's belief they got around the car without connecting bodily with anything metal but the look of sheer horror on the opposing driver's face flashing by at what she suspected was sixty miles an hour raised the hairs on the back of her neck. When the road was more semi clear in front of them or the other driver's decided too run for their very lives Jim Donovan put the pedal too the metal making even higher speed to an as of yet undeclared destination. "I'll confess that I am a little more at ease in the saddle of a horse." Jim explained as he typed a set of numbers into the GPS system on the dash much too Sam's dismay as they still shot down the road at an ever increasing speed. "But we are a little late for a flight we need too catch." Sam kept her death grip on the seat belt across her chest her other hand wrapped tightly on the passenger arm rest now as they made their way down the road. After only a few minutes Sam could see that they were heading through the entrance to a  far off private part of the base airfield that she knew of  on the outer fringes of the airbase . She was taken back a bit as they shot out onto the runaway to find a rather large jet black colored C-130 transport plane waiting on the tarmac the four jet assisted propelled engines idling ready for take off. Sam had seen plenty black C -130 non descript planes in her military travels.. the wide range were either C.I.A transports or private military contractors working the fringes of any given military action. But Sam noticed a good many differences with this plane. The planes outer skin had a number of unfamiliar arrays sticking out in several different random directions  Sam assuming they were perhaps communication but there was no way in Hell too know exactly what they could possibly be. 

Jim slid the SUV into a skid which Sam was completely sure that they were going too slam into the waiting cargo plane's rear end. But much too her over whelming relief they did not as Jim skidded too a stop only several feet from the cargo plane's dropped loading ramp. Jim was out of the SUV reaching around grabbing his Stetson from the hat rack carefully placing it on his head. Jim whirled around his duster blowing open from the back draft of air from the idling props. Sam noticed that his ever present Navy Colt 45 was on his left hip tight in its custom leather holster. In a flash Donovan got her bag from the  SUV then made his way heading for the lowered cargo ramp at the back of the plane. Sam held her place in the passenger seat a few seconds trying to gather her wits back and too take in all this new situation she found herself in.

"What the Hell have I gotten myself into now?" Sam said to herself still sitting there in the passenger seat of the SUV. Sam had been an officer in the U.S. military not all that long ago. It was a simple life with a regimented day that usually went like clockwork for those in the Army. But for some reason she could never explain Sam's life always seemed too have a troubling tendency of being able too take turns into strange avenues without her even realizing it.  Her Dad when he was around instead of traveling the world would point out as she was growing up that Sam had a tendency too get herself into all kinds of strange trouble. Strangeness seemed too follow Sam no matter the situation which was why when she reached her teens Sam finally began too investigate exactly why it did so often. Sam remembered many a late night seeing lights she could not explain then being able to talk too what she at first thought were spirits of different species. Some were as normal human as anything Sam knew but there were those that were not anything near human but were able too converse with Sam easily. Without warning Sam snapped back too the here and now still seated there in the SUV. Looking around her for several seconds She finally took notice of Jim who had stopped his assent into the plane looking back her way. He just stood there looking back down at Sam reaching up too touch his right ear. "You've gotten yourself into a new adventure." he spoke answering her supposedly unasked question but Sam could hear Jim speaking clear as day there from her position in the car on the passenger side. That little trait should have been totally impossible while he was standing outside on the cargo ramp the wind shear off the props would have nearly drowned Jim's voice if he hand been standingright next too her. While Sam herself was still seated inside the ninety nine percent sound poof SUV.  Jim waved to her drawing her attention back towards him there on the ramp. "Come on Sam," Jim Donovan smiled that wickedly warm smile. Sam would have compared that smile too that of a spider would smile too the fly as he entered his web. But for too many weird reasons Sam herself couldn't help but trust this walking apparition from a western movie. "A whole new strange world awaits." Jim held his position still watching Sam from the top of the cargo door. Samatha finally nodded to herself stepping out of the passenger side then slowly reached back in the Suv for her to go bag. Jim's smile broaden even more as she made her way over to the bottom edge of the ramp then slowly stepped up  walking up too Jim position. He nodded his own approval then turned around continuing to lead the way through a deceptively large cargo bay. Upon closer inspection Sam took quick notice that the cargo area they were walking into was big enough for maybe two large size vehicles or four smaller jeeps or sedans. "You know I have too ask but how the Hell did you get your voice into my head?" Sam yelled too be heard over the back wash of the propeller's. Jim held up a hand stopping in mid stride. "While you were recouping in the hospital we had an implant placed just behind your right ear." Jim reach over taking her right hand then directing her hand too a spot behind her ear covered under her hair. "Before you get upset," Jim added as her eyes flared. "It is not surgically placed. It has a sticky back that is water proof. So if you decide or feel the need too be alone in your head you can simply pull it off. But whenever you think of one of your team members name a processor directs your thought's too that one particular person. It is rather useful for when we are out in the field also impossible too detect making it the safest form of communication for us." Jim released Sam's hand then turned heading back on through the bay area. "That's just one of a million toys you'll get too play with now that you work for Blackthorne." Sam Tyler clearly heard Donovan's voice in her head as they walked up together to an access door that Sam knew shouldn't be there. Her brow knitted ever tighter as she stepped into the cargo area as this was not the normal layout of a C130 which Sam knew intimately from her many missions with the army.