The Lycans- Chapter II

The Lycans- II

"Wake up," I hear someone say to me while shaking my arm.

"Ezra, wake up! The meeting is in an hour!" these words made me shoot up, my head colliding into whoever was standing above me. I look down to see Holden clutching his head and groaning in pain.

"Aw, sorry man, I didn't see you," I apologize, helping him up and onto the bed.

"It's alright," he says, "but get ready and come down stairs for breakfast. We need to leave to the Great Hall at 9," he says with a smile. He was always the nice one of the group. He would be the one to treat his mate like a princess.

I was really lucky to have my friends with me. They understood how things were, and never got mad when I accidently hit them too hard or if I read their emotions. They were supportive and have always been there for me.

Stretching, I get out of bed and go into the bathroom. I quickly brush my teeth, shave and shower.

There was a formal dress code for the meeting, so I wore a button up, some chinos and a sweater over my shirt. What, I need to make a good impression. I didn't bother with my hair. It was always messy, and it was useless to try to fix it.

I needed glasses sometimes because my eyes would hurt if strained too much, which is a little embarrassing since I'm a wolf, but oh well. I put my glasses in their case and put them in my back pocket with my phone. All set.

I walk out of the room and down the stairs. Last night, we had been escorted to a guest house near the border of the pack. It was a little upsetting that they didn't trust us, but it was understandable. There were many stories I have heard about people taking advantage of the Lycan pack and trying to kidnap their girls to reproduce Lycans into their own packs. I felt bad for all those girls they tried to take, but I knew for a fact that no one has ever been successful.

"Hey," Terrance and Jason great me as I sit down at the breakfast nook.

"Hey guys," I say back. The chef set a plate of delicious smelling pancakes in front of me.

"Thank you," I say to her, as I shoot her a smile and dig in. She smiles back and returns to cooking. At least there was one nice person here.

"Ezra, I see you've made it down," Alpha Ryan teases. Alpha Ryan was 24 years old and a really cool guy. Despite being our Alpha, he was a good friend of mine and he knew how to have fun. Not like drinking or anything, even though alcohol has no effect on wolves, but he always treated the pack to parties and barbeques and trips out of the territory.

"Alpha," I say, bowing my head, and smiling back.

"Ezra, you know that now that you're a Lycan, you are technically higher ranked than me. You don't have to bow or call me Alpha," he says, probably for the billionth time in the past two years.

He tells me not to call him Alpha every time I call him Alpha, but I have a lot of respect for him and do not oblige.

"Okay, Alpha," I say with a teasing smile. He rolls his eyes and sits down for breakfast. I hear thumping from the stairs, and I look to see Jacob and Holden come down stairs.

"E-Z boy! You're looking fresh!" Jacob yells at me, using that stupid nickname that I've grown to hate.

"I thought I told you not to call me that, Jakey-poo," I say back, using the old nickname his crazy ex-girlfriend used to call him.

He visibly shudders. "Man, don't even reference Hannah. She was crazy,"

We laugh at his distaste and continue with our breakfast until it was time to go. At one point, mom and dad came down. I gave them a smile, which they tried to return. I decided to just brush it off. Today is supposed to be exciting for me, and I wasn't going to let anyone bring me down.