Interview with Author: vovnix (Veronica)

WATTPAD AUTHOR INTERVIEW

'Veronica' is the author of some pretty damn awesome stories that I have stumbled across on Wattpad - all of which I've enjoyed and the one's I haven't? It's only because I haven't checked them out yet! Thankyou Veronica for agreeing to this interview and it was a complete pleasure talking to you!

Name/Username: Veronica but my username is vovnix

Age : 23 

Author of:  We Were Just Kids in Love, Enticing Him, The New Girl in Town, The Elementals series, Every Beauty Deserves a Beast

When did you first join Wattpad, and why did you?

        I joined Wattpad mid 2011 because I was just looking for an app to read books, honestly. Best decision ever!

Were you writing before Wattpad - if so, for how long - or did Wattpad inspire you to post some of your works on here?

      No, actually. I'd always wanted to write, but I didn't think I was good enough to write anything worthwhile or interesting. But after reading stories by people all around the world who do it as a hobby I decided 'why not? it couldn't hurt' So I started writing at the end of 2011.

What type of genre are you most comfortable writing, and why?

     I like to dabble between action and fantasy but I prefer to write romances; and I think my readers enjoy my romances better too. I'm a ridiculous romantic... I love the whole sunset and cute lovey dovey moments that are taken for granted but are the moments that you would always remember in the future. So I like to incorporate it into my stories so that other people can enjoy those moments too.

What was the inspiration for your story "Ever Beauty Deserves a Beast"?

      Truthfully? It was a photo. The photo that's used as the cover actually. I saw it floating around the internet and immediately I thought it would a cute story. It was probably the easiest story for me to write.

When planning out your stories, do you plan out everything to the smallest detail or do you allow the freedom to change and add things as you go?

     I try to do a rough storyline first. That's where I went wrong when I first started writing because I eventually got stuck and had to stop writing it. When I make a storyline I never ever stick with it though, simply because the characters will change the way the story flows... but it's good to have a general idea where I would like it to go.

You're stories have become quite the hit on Wattpad, what is your reaction to your work's success?

     Haha have they?! I didn't really think they were that big to be honest! But now that you've mentioned that it is I have to say I'm gob smacked! I went from not thinking I was good enough to write anything interesting to having thousands of readers from around the world... I'm truly honoured and flattered.

Have you ever thought of self-publishing or contacting a publishing house?

     I have, yes. But I know I still a long way to go. I would need to edit and tidy up a lot of details for my stories and hopefully then I can get somewhere with my writing.

Can you write under any conditions or do you need certain conditions, like listening to music or food, etc?

     Different conditions will affect the way I write. If I'm happy, sad or angry it'll show in my writing the same way as it would if I was listening to certain songs. Sometimes I'll purposely listen to a song on repeat because the mood matches the chapter perfectly... and as for food, I'm pretty sure I've gone through a few chapters stuffing my face with junk food and the chapter ended up a little hyper!

Do you believe that it's possible to love your own characters? To grow so attached to them that they are almost their living breathing selves in your head?

      I'd say so. A lot of my main male characters have been based on my fiance. The dimples and smile, hard working and determined characteristics as well as stubborn and funny. My fiance is really romantic so there's a lot of gestures in my stories that were based off his actions too... so I can easily say it's easy to fall in love with my characters haha!

Do you have anything new coming out soon?

      Yes. I plan to start the last book for my Elemental series and also have another romance book planned out.

Where did the name Seychelles come from?

     To be honest, I have no idea. I was sitting in front of my laptop wondering what on earth to call her and an annoying voice in the back of my head kept whispering 'Seychelles Seychelles Seychelles'... so I listened to it. Turns out it fitted the story quite well too.

And lastly, if you could have one wish in the world, what would it be and why?

      One wish huh? Hmm... I don't know, I guess I would want everyone to be happy. It sounds cliche and a lot like 'I wish for world peace', but if everyone was HAPPY with the simple things in their life there wouldn't be such horrible crimes and devastations going on around the world. I'd much rather be happy with my family and friends than become insanely rich - though that wouldn't be too bad either haha.

Thankyou for sharing this with me, Veronica! And I'd once again like to state just how much I am enjoying your works, so I'd like to thank you for posting your stories for all of Wattpad to see! :D