Interview with Author: Lydia161290 (Lydia)

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

Lydia is the author of some of my favourite stories on Wattpad, including; The Wolf Cave and His To Keep. She has a true gift when it comes to writing Horror and her werewolf stories are just as good and both have incredible storylines that you just can't put down. You should, if you haven't already, definitely go check out all of her works. They are just brilliant and some of the best on Wattpad.

Thankyou, Lydia, for this amazing interview. It was so much fun and I really enjoyed talking to you!

Name: Lydia

Age: 22

Author of: Tomorrow and Forever, His to Keep, The Wolf Cave, The Wolf Ring, Falling for my Crazy Stalker, Fruit Slot

When did you join Wattpad and what possessed you to join and start posting stories of your own? Did you read before you decided to write, or did you join with the intention of posting your stories in mind?

     I first joined Wattpad in September 2010. I was sitting on a bus coming home from school when I came across the app. I used Wattpad to just read at first, and did so obsessively. It was about a year later when I decided to post my own stories when I found out you could.

Were you writing before you joined Wattpad, or was Wattpad what inspired you to begin writing? And if you began writing before Wattpad, how long have you been doing it?

     Yeah, I was writing before Wattpad, but nothing ever got completed until I started posting my own stories on here. Wattpad inspired me to actually finish my books. I started writing in 2006 when I was around 16 I think.

What originally got you into writing? Was there something that got you interested in it initially?

              I had my head buried in books as a kid, I couldn't put them down. I guess that sort of started off my imagination really. I kept making things up in my head and found myself one day writing.

Was there a genre that you favoured when you were younger that you think influenced the types of stories you'd later write on Wattpad? For example, did you read a lot of horror/thrillers, or was that something new that you decided to try after posting on Wattpad?

          I read a lot of dark romances, so yeah, you could say my books were influenced by what I read before I started posting on Wattpad. The only genre I did try new on Wattpad was Werewolf.

Speaking of the werewolf genre, what inspired your story The Wolf Cave and where did the idea sprout from?

      Oh god, the idea for that book came from a mixture of being a teenage clubber myself and reading other werewolf books. I wanted to write about a club that belonged to a bad ass werewolf, so I did just that and the outcome was The Wolf Cave. I still struggle to remember how I came up with half of it in all honesty, I may have been drunk :O

Haha, wow!  So, at what point did you decide you wanted to have a sequel to The Wolf Cave and write The Wolf Ring? And did you ever expect to get such a response out of TWC, and if not, why?

       Haha! :D Half way through writing TWC, I did plan another book. I didn't want to overcrowd TWC with too much drama because it had a lot already, plus the story-line was far from over so it needed another book. Not in a million years did I think the book would get the response it did. I write for a hobby, my writing isn't perfect so I didn't expect anything. It still shocks me. :D